Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
What kind of duration are you looking at? I put a 212/218 roller cam in my dually and had to have it custom cut to get lift in the .520" range. That much lift with such short duration is tough to find and is gonna be tougher with a flat tappet cam I suspect. I went through Schneider Cams and had a great experience. They split off of either Comp or Crower way back in the day and are a very legit operation.
I'm not really sure I'm more of a body guy than an engine builder that's why I mentioned it on here I value the option of those that know more about it than I do

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Lauren and I had some good quality time today. First we took the daily to work and we took a CCC estimating class. It's way easier than I've been told by writers I'm confident Lauren could write an estimate on her own. Then we did a little maintenance on the daily you know new console lid and rachet strapped the gas tank back in because the bracket rotted off the frame lol.
When we broke for lunch we went home and grabbed the square body for some much needed attention. I figured out a long time ago that it had the wrong front shocks in it. To put them in someone bent the upper brackets and they were binding against the frame and would occasionally break a upper shock bolt. So we straightened out the brackets and installed the correct shocks. My right shoulder has been in bad shape for a while now and I couldn't put the nut on the right front with the header in the way so Lauren did it for me. Gotta love that kid she's definitely not afraid to try or get dirty. We tried to figure out some more electrical problems like power to choke and radio. I guess that cab never had a electric choke because there's no contact to put a fuse in in the fuse box. I guess I'll just tap into something else with key on power under the hood. As far as the radio goes it has power and don't light up or come on I'm guessing it's junk. Digging through the truck Lauren found a new speedometer cable I forgot I bought and she talked me into installing it. Driving home it did some strange things first it was bouncing around from 0-45 when we got out on the highway it totally freaked out 0-85 then it just started working perfectly. We checked it with the GPS and I'm impressed it's dam close! And all this time I thought I was doing 55 I've been rolling 60-65 mph I honestly didn't think it could go that fast.

Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
See if you can find a wiring diagram. Hot to the choke may run through an oil pressure switch like it does on G Bodies.

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
See if you can find a wiring diagram. Hot to the choke may run through an oil pressure switch like it does on G Bodies.

Oh really? I like the sound of that. Nothing more annoying than the mere act of leaving the key on to do something else needlessly opening the choke.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Here we go winter storm coming in early this week the plow is behind the wood pile out back there's no gas in the truck because I wanted to pull the tank and the batteries are dead again probably in part do to it's to damn cold in the northeast. I can't do anything about it but hook up a charger which I already did this morning. Because Lauren decided that she wants to try modeling and has her first gig today. Guess I'll be getting ready in the snow again.

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Here we go winter storm coming in early this week the plow is behind the wood pile out back there's no gas in the truck because I wanted to pull the tank and the batteries are dead again probably in part do to it's to damn cold in the northeast. I can't do anything about it but hook up a charger which I already did this morning. Because Lauren decided that she wants to try modeling and has her first gig today. Guess I'll be getting ready in the snow again.

I had my 1500, then my only truck, in the body shop for 2 good snow storms. Got to best around in the wife's Grand Prix through a foot of snow. Good times. . .

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Gonna be 76 tomorrow... 80 Tuesday here.

We may have high temperatures, but, we're not higher than jersey in everything... I mean, at least you've got... higher heating bills? Higher taxes? Higher traffic congestion? Higher amounts of rust and busted fasteners in your cars?

We can let you win some of those :banana:

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

We may have high temperatures, but, we're not higher than jersey in everything... I mean, at least you've got... higher heating bills? Higher taxes? Higher traffic congestion? Higher amounts of rust and busted fasteners in your cars?

That's great. How miserable will it be for you in July?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ

No doubt Jersey sucks! I've wanted out for a long time. Hopefully soon

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor