Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving right along took a lunch break got the driver's side all ripped apart the differential is stripped on the driver side where the Kingpin threads into the housing so I think I'm going to JB Weld it in because I don't really have any other options there is some thred left in the bottom of the hole that should hold it but we'll see what happens. I got the differential cover off and the gear oil is nasty kind of a brown Rusty color not liking that but I'm going to clean it out the best I can and do the seals and get it back together for work on Monday. In the midst of all this I'm also doing the lock out hub from full-time 4 wheel drive conversion so I took some pictures of the hubs for you guys to see what I meant by slugs on the axles
IMG_20180127_112130335_HDR.jpg
So that's what the full-time hubs look like just a dust cover like a g body but bigger.
IMG_20180127_122958721.jpg

There's the Billet slug locking the axle in all the time
IMG_20180127_123123708_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180127_123132711.jpg
IMG_20180127_112226085.jpg
IMG_20180127_112222131.jpg

None of those parts will be reused. Have more pics and more to update but I don't have more time so I got to get back on and catch up with you guys later.

Reactions: Texas82GP
Huge hurdle I started burning on the passenger side Kingpin and my torches are empty ran out of gas unfortunately my suppliers closed today due to his religion and is only open for tomorrow from 10 till 1 now I've got to find somebody with an open bed pickup truck to drive me and my bottles to the welding supply place tomorrow so I can finish I can put it back together with the old right Kingpin in it because I already started Torching on it and melted the seals out looks like I'll be working in the rain tomorrow

Last edited:
Good news is I can get a ride to go get gas tomorrow bad news is I still can't get these kingpins done no one has a tap to chase the threads in the knuckle the only person I found that has one is a local mobile mechanic so I think I'm just going to have him change out the kingpins Monday morning and I'll put it back together after work
15170850606501467145721.jpg

Reactions: Texas82GP
So in talking with the mobile mechanic come to find out that stripped kingpins in a 60 is not uncommon and the Cure is they weld in kingpins from the bottom looks like my truck's not going back together till Monday the soonest and I'm stuck without a car again. Sure wish I got that Cutlass done. Oh well my arm is killing me anyway but I feel like a caged animal because I have energy but I'm in pain and I can't get anything done!

Rain rain rain! No word back from the mobile mechanic yet he was at the beer fest yesterday so I doubt he even remembers. Wow I can't even pay someone to help me with this thing

Dont u have a big welder on the back of that truck??

Reactions: Clutch and DRIVEN
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor