Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan sealskin bindings, must be a rare find indeed, we are land locked top to bottom. Manitoba is a different story, Hudson's Bay to the extreme North. This whole project looks like hell, hope it works out.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't think you need to spread the diff to get the carrier out. Why is that necessary?
They just don't come out of 60s look at the videos on line people using fork lifts and winches to try and get them out it's insane how tight they're in there

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Saskatchewan sealskin bindings, must be a rare find indeed, we are land locked top to bottom. Manitoba is a different story, Hudson's Bay to the extreme North. This whole project looks like hell, hope it works out.
That was a quote from Super Dave Osborne it's a comedy skit

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Ah yes, Super Dave, it has been a few years.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well guys the truck is still in pieces and I've decided the inner axle seals are going to wait for better weather. So I'm going to put it back together first chance I get. Probably Tuesday night because I've got to go to a funeral tomorrow night. I figure the front diff won't be spinning anyway once it's got lock out hubs on it. I'll fill it up and keep an eye on it. I'm shore between now and when I pull it back apart I'll finde a way to get that carrier out. And back in.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Or, get another to build, and swap the whole thing in one shot
I have another one but it's 160 miles away same place as my 78 Cutlass unfortunately I can't get there from here I wish I could the new radiator for the Cutlass is still in the box here at the house if I could go spend a weekend on the cutlass I'd have something to drive hitching rides is getting old

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor