Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the thing will thread into the bottom a little bit. I would screw it in and weld the top and call it a day. If the yoke is welded to the axel tube? It has to be cast steel, not cast iron. So a weld should hold. Or you could weld the hole up some. Take a diegrinder burr nock it down a little, and rethread it.
That's basically what I did but I couldn't weld it in from the top because a seal goes on the top surface I welded up most of the hole and threaded it the epoxy was just to fill some of the voids in my repair and act as a locktight. My thred repair must be ok I tightened the kingpin with a handle from a floor jack on the 7/8 Allen key and it held but I'm still going to let the JB cure before I reassemble that side

Looks like a PITA. I don't want to think what a shop would charge.
Something between astronomical and insane I'm shore. Like I said the mobile mechanic that works on heavy trucks and equipment wouldn't do it. Good thing for me I'm to stupid to back down from anything lol

Reactions: Texas82GP
It's after 9:00 Sunday morning and I just can't get myself to go out there and get back to work. My arm is freaking killing me and I know it's cold out there. This is one of those times when I need someone to kick me in the rear and get me rolling

Get r done! As a Heavy Equipment Service Mechanic, I have been taught to stay away from jobs like that unless you are a good customer of ours. The reason is you end up with a bill more than what the machine is worth or the customer wants to pay. I usaly try to give advice to them. If it is a friend I will help them after hours.

Get r done! As a Heavy Equipment Service Mechanic, I have been taught to stay away from jobs like that unless you are a good customer of ours. The reason is you end up with a bill more than what the machine is worth or the customer wants to pay. I usaly try to give advice to them. If it is a friend I will help them after hours.
That's actually solid advice burn no bridge so to speak I'm heading out there in a little bit to make a spreader ilI' keep you all posted

Reactions: Texas82GP
That's actually solid advice burn no bridge so to speak I'm heading out there in a little bit to make a spreader ilI' keep you all posted

If you are like me once you get into the job you ignore the weather and get the job done. I'd trade what I am doing now for the job you're going to do. I am trying to get a win 7 hardrive open that is not responding to anything or any repair disk....😢

Reactions: Clutch
Total loss today guys spent the entire morning building parts with my buddy Brian that don't work actually not building Parts building tools. I think I should get an A for effort though I broke out my Harbor Freight genuine Saskatchewan sealskin bindings and everything. Still no good but I used up some scrap metal
IMG_20180204_152127.jpg
IMG_20180204_152303.jpg

So that's my attempt at making a differential spreader out of scrap metal in Old sockets
IMG_20180204_152530.jpg
IMG_20180204_141959056.jpg
IMG_20180204_143412161.jpg
IMG_20180204_143428363.jpg

All that work and redneck Ingenuity and I still don't have carrier out. I'm a little tired of not having my truck to get back and forth to work and obviously I can't get the carrier out though my efforts were not not the issue I think I'm going to throw it back together and do the inner axle seals another time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor