Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
No, I am not a chebbie guy. It should be 80's and 90's truck motors till the Vortec heads came out for the 454. I also agree that nearly any Olds V8 beats a chebbie for a truck motor. That is why GM went peanut port in the first place, trying to make it a low end torque motor. What trans is in your truck?
Th400 205 Dana 60 4:10 31" tires

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
My In-laws had a 85 GMC 4 door long box 2wd 3/4 ton. My Father in Law bought it brand new, also 350 powered and they towed a cattle trailer all the time with it. No powerhouse but acceptable. At least the 4.10 gears will get it off the line. I say get your Cutlass done as a fun car and leave the truck in one piece for now as a work vehicle.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's cold but I have some sunshine so I'm doing some cleaning and organizing today I figured that will help me with the future of all my projects

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm calling yesterday a day off because I got almost nothing done. It's supposed to be a lot warmer today in fact last night's snow is almost gone I think it will be a good day to clean out the bed and organize some stuff in the boxes

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm calling yesterday a day off because I got almost nothing done. It's supposed to be a lot warmer today in fact last night's snow is almost gone I think it will be a good day to clean out the bed and organize some stuff in the boxes

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
No mechanical progress but boy did I do a lot of cleaning and organizing! I cleaned out the bed and all the tool boxes. Moved some shelves and dividers around and best of all reloaded the truck keeping weight distribution in mind it now sits level and actually drives better. I really wanted to do the transfer case seals but I'm not taking that uncomfortable hunk of cast-iron back out without help. I did it alone last time and I'm to old for that crap! I was debating on a radio today and I'm kind of leaning towards not cutting that dashboard is there any decent aftermarket radios that have the stems like an old radio that'll still run amps and speakers and the overhead television? Or should I just cut the dashboard? I'm just not up on that stuff.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
No mechanical progress but boy did I do a lot of cleaning and organizing! I cleaned out the bed and all the tool boxes. Moved some shelves and dividers around and best of all reloaded the truck keeping weight distribution in mind it now sits level and actually drives better. I really wanted to do the transfer case seals but I'm not taking that uncomfortable hunk of cast-iron back out without help. I did it alone last time and I'm to old for that crap! I was debating on a radio today and I'm kind of leaning towards not cutting that dashboard is there any decent aftermarket radios that have the stems like an old radio that'll still run amps and speakers and the overhead television? Or should I just cut the dashboard? I'm just not up on that stuff.
See what you think of this. It's a modern, shaft mount radio....
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_068LO...-Black-Face-Chrome-Buttons.html?tp=5684&avf=Y

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Meh. I'd just cut the dash. Or get one of those overhead consoles

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor