Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I was close- 3 1/2 hours.... You Jersey fvcks with that "what exit?" crack me up!!!!
Lol it's a skinny state with only 2 major north south arteries GSP on the shore and i95 (New Jersey Turnpike) to the West it actually makes it quite easy the exit number is in fact a mile indication so I'm 91 miles from exit 1. Get it now?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Had a slight mishap on the way to work today the a/c compressor seized and the belt just about instantly shredded off. When it did it grabbed the cooler lines for the trans and pulled them into the fan. No worries tho I got it to the side of the road took off the shredded remains of the belt bent the lines back out of the fan and got back under way. I'm just glad it didn't slice the nicopper lines. And I'm glad it happened before I tried getting the air working

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Suck!!!!!!
Yea but I got to expect stuff like that I did assemble the whole truck on a trailer in my backyard and didn't have all the parts when I was putting it together so some things are going to be a little wrong and off. I'd rather it happen now than when I'm on my way to a job site this summer

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The A4 compressors suck they quite often seize, sucks. At least it didn't take out the trans.

• Agree

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
The truck got Lauren's stamp of approval. I took her to home Depot tonight and she was all smiles ear to ear. She did however tell me not to drive it to late at night because the neighbors will hate me lol but then when we got to home Depot she said giggling everybody's probably looking around for a Chevelle or 442 and it's just us in an old multicolored work truck. Gotta love that kid.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I haven't got much done it rained all weekend just did some more cleaning and organizing moved some shelves around in the bed bought a tool box at home Depot to mount in one of the bed boxes. The air bags came in but it was just raining to hard to get it done.
On a lighter note I broke down and ordered a Chinese plasma cutter to make some of the modifications easier plus I wanted my own for a long time and I won't be able to use my bosses after I eventually quit. Lol can't wait!!!
Still no word from the Bean counters about the equipment so I'm just trying to keep busy.
I may need to have one of you guys hit a junkyard for me I can't find a 77-80 parts truck anywhere around here and these parking brake parts are impossible to find.
So in your travels (remember keep it cheap lol) it's supposed to have steel brackets that just hook in the frame and hold the cables up because it takes a cable that loops all the way up and back from the back to the forward cable and 2 rear cables on each side I can buy cables but the brackets and connecting Hardware seem elusive so keep me in mind please. I'd like to get the parking brake parts installed before I fix the exaust and believe me I want to do something about the exaust! These fake flomasters Suck! They sound like glass packs and I'm flogging that 350

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Oh so discouraged my equipment fell threw the bean counters hate me so I applied for a (small bisness start up loan) would you believe I didn't qualify because I haven't been in business 3 years...wtf if your in bisness 3 years it's not a start up! So I'm going to build my own blasting rig I'm looking for a used beat down cheap tow behind compressor that can make minimum 185 cfm probably better off anyway I can make it more compact and maneuverable. Anyway the truck started making a weird grinding sound when in motion almost a growl sounds like it's coming from the transfer case or the driveshaft probably won't get to it until after it brakes because it's going to blow 60 out of the northwest with snow and rain again this weekend but that's ok too Lauren wants to build a model with me and I'm good with that it will be her first one a S10 Zr2 (her idea) so my idea was make it look like the one I was driving when her mother and I first moved in together

Oh well figured I'd hit you with an update regardless the lack of progress or Direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor