Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If you cut the hole for a 1.5 DIN used on the later models, locate a gauge bezel from an 89-91 - it will fit the radio exactly. The shape is a little bit different in the corner by the radio, but the metal dash was about the same except the bigger hole.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
If you cut the hole for a 1.5 DIN used on the later models, locate a gauge bezel from an 89-91 - it will fit the radio exactly. The shape is a little bit different in the corner by the radio, but the metal dash was about the same except the bigger hole.
You know what sucks....the dump truck had that dashboard.....I scraped it

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I've been giving quite a bit of thought to the weight that's going to constantly be on this truck. I thought about a coilover shock to help out and toyed with the idea of air bags even found the Firestone part number for the kit. The coilovers for square bodies are discontinued and the airbags are $320-$375 so just I was poking around the internet and saw a picture of what looked like a used set I then went on eBay to find that it was the set for my truck and I bought it for 75 bucks.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Helper bags, right? That should be fine.

When I said cut the dash, I meant single DIN. Your radio choices are all but endless at that point. You can get a CD player with USB in for $100.
DIN and a half- you might have 4 models to choose.
I'll wire it, but I think you're quite a haul from here (4hrs?).

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Helper bags, right? That should be fine.

When I said cut the dash, I meant single DIN. Your radio choices are all but endless at that point. You can get a CD player with USB in for $100.
DIN and a half- you might have 4 models to choose.
I'll wire it, but I think you're quite a haul from here (4hrs?).
Yes helpers lol I'm not dropping my work truck. I'm not sure how far apart we are I don't exactly know where you are I'm in Brick exit 91 off the parkway goes around my house in fact my back yard is visible from the parkway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor