Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I've seen engines overheat without a thermostat. The tstat causes turbulence in the coolant flow which increases heat exchange. Without it an engine can experience a phenomena called laminar flow. The gist being that smooth flow current travels mostly in the center of a passageway and leaves the surrounding fluid almost completely stationary.

Sucks about the genset. At least you weren't on a paying job and it did that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
We use Cascade dish soap if there is oil in the system. Put a cup or two in the radiator with water, run for a while and dump. I don't know if it will do much good with leak stopper though. That leak stopper is bad news. It works, but the adverse effect is bad. That sucks about the welder. It was old and used to begins with. Should not expect much else. Sorry that sounded kind of rude of me, but you know what I mean.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Good luck. I hope you get it sorted. Can the welder be repaired in todays throw-away society ?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
We use Cascade dish soap if there is oil in the system. Put a cup or two in the radiator with water, run for a while and dump. I don't know if it will do much good with leak stopper though. That leak stopper is bad news. It works, but the adverse effect is bad. That sucks about the welder. It was old and used to begins with. Should not expect much else. Sorry that sounded kind of rude of me, but you know what I mean.
Yea but it is a low hour machine tho and it's only a 96

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
thats a biatch. Comes with the territory I guess. In the last month we blew $10k + building a "rig" with used parts, spare parts, paid for on store credit parts, hopes, prayers, zip ties and a just little luck all to work on our first paying job 2 weeks ago for the tidy sum of $ 600. LOLOLOLOL

At least I have a partner ( with a good sense of humor ) to point and and laugh at when our used and abused sh*t breaks and he's completely losing his mind ( full disclosure he does the same to me, which I beleive keeps us both sane and in check ). As of tonight we have completed job #2 which pulls us out of the Red and Break Even when we get paid in 45 days.....

I hope the same for you and that some months down the road and years gone by the memory will be a fond one where you recall how you were able to kick your own *ss and find the way to get it done ! You have the will and determination to find a way !

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The old, local radiator guy in our town recommended flushing the coolant by heating the engine up, then knocking the lower radiator hose off. I guess I'm a pansy because I never had the balls to do it. I hate getting burned by hot liquid!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
All this wouldn't be so bad if I didn't hate my job so much. With all I have on my plate going there makes me sick to my stomach. But here I am forsing myself to get ready for work again and all ready thinking about ripping apart the welder when I get home and thinking I just lost another week

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor