Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
My lmc parts came today!!! I'll be able to fix the parking brake soon!!!!! Then I can do a real exaust. Siked!

And somebody found a set of 403 T/A motor mounts.......oh may the purists cringe! Lol REO Bravada W-30

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You won't be sorry with Olds V8 power, way more low end torque. The adapter plates works well, the cheaper ones are flimsy and you can't get all the bolts in. I should have bought this one to hook up the Olds 350 to the 4L60E in my 94 Z71.
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/trd-0061/overview/

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's the weekend guys I can tell because it's to cold and windy do work outside but I will anyway. Again no idea what to do first but I'm going to do something. I really need to do those transfer case seals and U-joints because this thing needs to make a trip to PA SOON! I'm jonsing for an oldsmofix! Lol and I'm shore my cousin wants his lift back but that's another thred. I've got plenty of parts to put on so even if I don't make the trek to haribal freight for the trans jack I still have work to do the muffler came for the compressor but that can wait until I get to it. I'm also kinda excited I'm meeting up with a member of the site for the first time I'm giving him the old Cowel hood off the 87 and he is giving me a set of 403 T/A motor mounts... Jared just cringed lol
Anyway catch you when I get something done

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's the weekend guys I can tell because it's to cold and windy do work outside but I will anyway. Again no idea what to do first but I'm going to do something. I really need to do those transfer case seals and U-joints because this thing needs to make a trip to PA SOON! I'm jonsing for an oldsmofix! Lol and I'm shore my cousin wants his lift back but that's another thred. I've got plenty of parts to put on so even if I don't make the trek to haribal freight for the trans jack I still have work to do the muffler came for the compressor but that can wait until I get to it. I'm also kinda excited I'm meeting up with a member of the site for the first time I'm giving him the old Cowel hood off the 87 and he is giving me a set of 403 T/A motor mounts... Jared just cringed lol
Anyway catch you when I get something done
I almost forgot to tell you last night I ordered a gallon of bace coat and a gallon setup of fast urethane clear coat so I can start changing the look of this beast

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
If you use one of them do you space the convertor back with washers or something?
Yes. Cool a new colour on the Square.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Chasing grounds is getting old fast! All day on one turn signal and it still doesn't work with the headlights on and I'm freezing! I did meet one of the other members today Paul Saulnier came down from Massachusetts and I gave him the old Cowell hood off the 87 and a set of hinges I had no intentions of using it and he gave me a set of 403 Trans Am motor mounts you know what that means. 455 REO Bravada w30... maybe we'll see I would still need the 5.7 diesel power steering pump and to go threw another olds 455 I do have 2 on stands in the garage but that can get expensive quickly. Time to get warm eat something and get back at my ground wires

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
If they're black, ground them. The General was pretty good about that.
I figured It out there's a broken ground wire for the right front park turn circuit but it's so cold out my hands don't work so I just jumped in a ground wire to get a blinker for now. I figured when I change over to round headlights ilI' finde it with the nose apart. Time for a warm house and some corned beef and cabbage tomorrow is another day

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Victory! With a bit of cleanup, you are good to go (and stop).
DSCN3384.JPG

Easiest way to mount them is 7/16"x1" grade 8 bolts and lock nuts. I used fine thread ones from Fastenal. Dropped right into the rivet holes.
DSCN5387.JPG

The rest of the photos will tell you where to mount them if the holes are not already there. If you need measurements, let me know.

Attachments

• DSCN3375.JPG
    DSCN3375.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCN3376.JPG
    DSCN3376.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCN3377.JPG
    DSCN3377.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN3378.JPG
    DSCN3378.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCN3379.JPG
    DSCN3379.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCN3380.JPG
    DSCN3380.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN3381.JPG
    DSCN3381.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCN3382.JPG
    DSCN3382.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN3383.JPG
    DSCN3383.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor