SSM - ZF 6 Speed, Mini-tubbed, Big Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickSpeedMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2013
silverfox said:
No the Exit 56 is off Rt 70 in Frederick. I woek in Rockville and grew up there. I think i now remember. Did you go to Rockvill Speed on Gude Dr. I used to go there and get items from time to time.

Oh, ok, I have family out that way.

I used to work at Rockville Speed with Mike for like 4 years or so. Did you have a silver fox body mustang back then? This was like '04-'08

jlcustomz said:
Pretty cool, I check in on your thread here & there on pro-touring.

Cool, thanks! I haven't updated there in a little while. I have been on the mend for the last 10 weeks and that killed the progress on my car. I need to get under it and cut off the LCA mounts on the rear axle and clock them and then re-set the pinion angle and I haven't been able to finish the engine repairs on the C230 that's currently occupying my shop.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nice, I would love to see how the dash and console progress. Looks like you are adding a touchscreen/screen or sorts in there? I have the GP dash, and will be making a 7 inch TS to fit in there for the carpc.

:D

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Car looks great and I like your plans for the car. I'm an engineer myself and so I can appreciate all the design you're putting into it. Tried to join the FSAE team at my school but all the mechanical engineers didn't seem too interested in working with a computer and electrical engineer.

I also am planning on running a megasquirt system. I'm sure you also appreciate the open source nature and all the custom designing and tuning that it allows. I'll be following along especially closely to any progress you make with that as well as with the chassis.

I'd be interested in seeing that MATLAB script you've written. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any programming or electrical questions and I'll do my best to answer them or at least help you find an answer.

Chopper

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
Midland, MI.
You said you were a big nerd...We should all be a big as nerd as you. Great work!

SickSpeedMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2013
liquidh8 said:
Nice, I would love to see how the dash and console progress. Looks like you are adding a touchscreen/screen or sorts in there? I have the GP dash, and will be making a 7 inch TS to fit in there for the carpc.

:D

A touch screen would be cool, but I don't really have plans for one, yet at least. I'm not really 100% sure what will go in that opening to be honest, but I'll need to control heating/AC (maybe vintage air), and a radio of some sort, just like stock.

drogg1 said:
Car looks great and I like your plans for the car. I'm an engineer myself and so I can appreciate all the design you're putting into it. Tried to join the FSAE team at my school but all the mechanical engineers didn't seem too interested in working with a computer and electrical engineer.

I also am planning on running a megasquirt system. I'm sure you also appreciate the open source nature and all the custom designing and tuning that it allows. I'll be following along especially closely to any progress you make with that as well as with the chassis.

I'd be interested in seeing that MATLAB script you've written. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any programming or electrical questions and I'll do my best to answer them or at least help you find an answer.

That's a shame that they wouldn't let you join FSAE, we had engineers of all different disciplines on our team.

I am very excited to start playing with the megasquirt. I just got a baffled, sumped fuel tank from a member on the MCSS.com forum in trade for a clutch pedal setup and some extra dough.

I would be willing to give you an overview/outline of how I programmed that script, but I don't really want to share the code honestly. I have quite a few hours wrapped up in it and software with similar capabilities goes for hundreds of dollars. I might design a GUI and compile it into an .exe when I get all of the functionality out of it that I want, and then offer it up.

Chopper said:
You said you were a big nerd...We should all be a big as nerd as you. Great work!

haha, thanks! I enjoy figuring out things and seeing how they affect the car.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Love the build, watching it on another site too. :wink: You will have a blast with megasquirt, I have had several cars that I used it on and tuned several friends cars with it, currently tuning on a Volvo 240 wagon 16v turbo conversion for a friend, so easy to tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor