Started my winter project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
winter project [progressed a lot .....you're quite in advance on me .

you'll love the vortec heads
Dan

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
why in the hades did you go with craptastic perimiter bolt valve covers? center bolts seal 1,000 times better.and don't say it was because of the roller rockers ,cause thats a lame excuse.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Love the car, everything seems to be turning out great.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
Jim Rockford said:
why in the hades did you go with craptastic perimiter bolt valve covers? center bolts seal 1,000 times better.and don't say it was because of the roller rockers ,cause thats a lame excuse.

Because center bolt valve covers are the ugliest valve covers i've ever seen in my life. And when your racing and its dark, ppl look under the hood quick, they might miss the fact that theres Vortec heads on there. Not to mention i've never in my life had a set of perimeter bolt valve covers leak, its all in how you build it.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
betcha618 said:
Jim Rockford said:

Because center bolt valve covers are the ugliest valve covers i've ever seen in my life. And when your racing and its dark, ppl look under the hood quick, they might miss the fact that theres Vortec heads on there. Not to mention i've never in my life had a set of perimeter bolt valve covers leak, its all in how you build it.

I second that!! They are the ugliest covers I have ever seen even in chrome.YUCK!!! Plus as you said it is stealthy to use those covers. People won't have a clue.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
x3 centerbolts look retarded

1980Gbody

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2007
Warren MI
x4 on the center bolts

pertty nice
cant wait to finish my motor

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i'm sorry but i have no problems with my c-bolt covers. what's so special about your wour p-bolt covers? it's a rectangle, it has no design features to it. not that there's anything special about mine, they're painted and pinstriped to match the engine ohhhh ahhhhh! :lol: .

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
Coming along nicely Betch618. YOu have definetly made a sweet ride even sweeter! Wish my project would go that smoothly and that quickly. Mines buried under a bout a foot and half of snow in the back yard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor