Steering column linkage 200-4r?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I appreciate the tips. no worries on the pics and thank you for taking the time I really appreciate it. I will get to the junkyard next weekend. I'm overdue anyway. Plus I'm sure I'll find some other goodies I didn't know I needed.
I pay 3 bucks just to walk around mine for fun more interesting than walking around a neighborhood

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I pay 3 bucks just to walk around mine for fun more interesting than walking around a neighborhood

The one I go to is $1 and one time some guy was complaining up a storm because of the 1 dollar fee. My friend was with me and was going to pay the dollar just to shut him up. It was funny.

Thanks again

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
So, if I’m going from a 3-speed to a 4-speed or more, is it easier to replace the rooster comb in the column, or just get a whole new column? Thanks.

commandercool86

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Hey guys

Reviving this thread because its title matches my inquiry. I'm pretty sure my linkage at the steering column is completely jacked up from when my ogre friend helped me pull my motor out a while back. I have the linkage at the trans hooked up and now I can only get from Park to Drive and back, but can't feel or get to 3, 2, or 1.

Column shifter, 87 ElCo, 200-4R

Could one of you guys show me what this is supposed to look like?

Here's mine:
IMG_20180207_193932636.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Hey guys

Reviving this thread because its title matches my inquiry. I'm pretty sure my linkage at the steering column is completely jacked up from when my ogre friend helped me pull my motor out a while back. I have the linkage at the trans hooked up and now I can only get from Park to Drive and back, but can't feel or get to 3, 2, or 1.

Column shifter, 87 ElCo, 200-4R

Could one of you guys show me what this is supposed to look like?

Here's mine: View attachment 82248
Looks like the column arm is bent out of shape along with the upper rod end that attaches to it. Can't use gorilla strenth on everything.

• Agree

commandercool86

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like the column arm is bent out of shape along with the upper rod end that attaches to it. Can't use gorilla strenth on everything.

Yeah, he's a brute.

I've been scouring this site for under hood pics at the steering column but they're all too dark. Hopefully someone comes through.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Don't have a good underhood pic...but here is a pic of a column...you can see that where the shift linkage attaches should be straight...

BZxdPw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor