Steering Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
So yesterday the first day I had my car out and went to work come out and someone tried to steal my 1980 442 smashed the door lock smashed the steering column cant drive it . Does anyone if they make an after market steering column or does anyone know where I can get one thanks Jeff from Winnipeg
Keep in touch, I might have one in the storage unit.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Both Ididit and Flaming River offer Column assemblies but they also both want $$$$$$$. Could maybe try E-Bay or Craigslist. Worst comes to worst, I am located next door here in Ontario. Get ahold of me and I can ask a local yard owner that has stashed a lot of the early stuff. I have a call in with him for my Monte so I can ask if he has a steering column. Just let me know if it is shift on the tree, or on the floor. Only thing here is that it may not match for interior color so you may end up having to paint it. Just so you know ahead of time.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
So yesterday the first day I had my car out and went to work come out and someone tried to steal my 1980 442 smashed the door lock smashed the steering column cant drive it . Does anyone if they make an after market steering column or does anyone know where I can get one thanks Jeff from Winnipeg
If I could I’d give you the one i have. But you can rebuild it or have it rebuilt. Check out this site. I used it to redo mine.
And these guys have everything you need or you can have them do it. https://www.columnsgalore.com/

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Just finished speaking with my primary salvage yard source and he has one. Issue for you is that it is column shift and no tilt. Did not get a price on it because no point unless you think you can use it as either a complete unit or for parts to recreate yours. Lemme know.

Nick

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I came close to find a column today but the firewall mount plate (if it's the name for it. was rusted away from it. I found it as I was about to pull it. Would of been a '86 tilt column shift. Shame the of the 5 G's at that yard it was the only one that wasn't smashed or cut out from under the dash (why cut a good column in that spot?). There's gotta be a good one out there someone will find for you.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Can you post some photos of the damage.

Attached is the repair Kit from Rock Auto that will work for you.

The Saginaw Steering column was used multiple years (decades) and all manufactures including Chrysler.

You might try <junkyardpartslocator.com> or call them: 1-336-506-7449

IAAI
has an 80, and 84 up for bid. Current bid on the 84 is $425.00.

Attachments

• Steering Column Repair Kit.png
    Steering Column Repair Kit.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 80 Cutlass 01.jpg
    80 Cutlass 01.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 80 Cutlass 02.png
    80 Cutlass 02.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 80 Cutlass 03.jpg.png
    80 Cutlass 03.jpg.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 61

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
This one is on ebay, will work for 80 Cutlass 2-Door

Attachments

• Steering Column Repair Kit eBay.jpg
    Steering Column Repair Kit eBay.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor