Steering Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
that 's really nice work but I would never find an original non tilt 78-81 A body manual trans column ....

I might be able to pick up this Iraqi taxi next year....

Iraqi Taxi.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
you must be living in wrecking yards heaven...I never see the cars you have in your area. Let me know if you can snag it and thanks

This one isn't actually at a wrecker...just some guy with about a dozen or so Gbody's...among other stuff. I've heard he wants to start selling to lessen the burden on his two daughters. Hoping I can pick up a few for decent prices.

Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Case Closed...clean8485 messaged me and he has a column from an Iraqi Taxi and he is only an hour or so drive from my place......:banana:

I'm not cheap but I did ask him if his Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales are still on.... :giggle:

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
This one isn't actually at a wrecker...just some guy with about a dozen or so Gbody's...among other stuff. I've heard he wants to start selling to lessen the burden on his two daughters. Hoping I can pick up a few for decent prices.
oh yeah? a dozen or so Gbody's?what's the story on these daughters?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
i have a 1980 old cutlass with a floor shift automatic and found out the ign switch on a non-tilt is different than a tilt i got everything back together but it doesn't work damn.

you need to give us more detail,

did the car start with the old column in it
do you have the correct switch for a tilt column
did you align the switch properly when you installed it
does the key turn
is there power getting to the switch
is the purple wire hot when you turn the key to start
have you tried turning the lower part of the column to the left to make sure it is in park
have you tried starting in neutral

Reactions: 1 user

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
it started once long enough to move it from behind the house and onto the trailer. i bought a new switch because the wiring under the hood was shorted out and the guy at Autozone said they were all the same, the key turns but not all the way, it is installed properly, so far i have had to replace all the switches, then i got a shop manual for it. i also got one for a 86 as well thrown in for free. went through all the trouble to replace the ign key and after i was all done i found the originals in the tool box where i left them 6 mths ago. it is a b*tch getting old and forgetful. the old ign switch fell apart in my hands.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor