Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Had one in my Rallye350...I like them

I don't particularly care for aftermarket wheels by Grant. They do not feel as substantial as the OE stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I actually like the Grant Elite series and have the same 4 spoke version on both my Monte and Regal.
I also like that it is 14" in diameter and these have the vinyl grip which is very comfortable.
I did also buy a shorter billet adapter instead of using their metal 2" version with styling sleeve.

IMG_1465.JPG
20190922_152925_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
565, that is a good looking steering wheel! I like the looks of the stock wheel but if I were to change, it would be the one you have or the one the OP is asking about. I like the look of that wheel too! Both choices you can’t go wrong.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IMO factory steering wheels are too large in diameter for a Gbody and buying a 70-72' reproduction one at the hefty price of $368 seems only justifiable if you actually own a 70-72' Cutlass, there are plenty of more affordable aftermarket steering wheels out there with a similar look.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
IMO factory steering wheels are too large in diameter for a Gbody and buying a 70-72' reproduction one at the hefty price of $368 seems only justifiable if you actually own a 70-72' Cutlass, there are plenty of more affordablea aftermarket steering wheels out there with a similar look.
I agree that the stock wheel is a large in diameter. I like the looks of the batwing but not the size. All the modifications I did to my car are far from stock but I have an OCD to keep the looks of my car as close to stock as I can. Don’t ask why because I don’t have a good answer. Just how my mind works. A company makes exact replicas of 69-72 Chevy truck wheel in a smaller diameter. Maybe someday that will happen with the batwing wheel.

Reactions: 1 user

jadigen

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2017
S.Jersey
@565bbchevy anyway you can get a picture of the adapter that you are talking about.

yea i don't want to pay so much for a repop wheel. i like the looks of it and wouldn't mind something similar. i tend to like 15" wheel over a 14: though for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor