Strengthening the frame on an 83 regal with a 632 tall deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

83regal632bbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2007
omaha nebraska
getting ready to tear into this car this qweekend to install 10-point cage, race seats with 5 point harnesses, also was wondering about the weak points of the frame on this car, i will be removing the front clip of the car so i was wondering is there anything from the firewall forward that needs welded/gusseted? Will be running around 8-900 horse over 1000 tq

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
Things I have seen:

1) Add better Front Frame Braces. Some Cars had none and some had 2 individual Bars that ran from the front of the frame rail to the crossmember under the motor. SC&C sell a better version that is triangle shaped that also has a cross brace that runs between the frame rails.

2) You buy kits to weld in braces for the brackets where the rear lower control arms bolt to the frame. I saw them online somewhere, maybe G-Body Parts.com.

3) Box the open section of the frame rails

83regal632bbc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2007
omaha nebraska
thanks for the help, on the rear i am going ladder bar/coilover 9''

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor