Supercharged 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
It'd be literally impossible to turn manifolds on a 3800 without leaving out bolts

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
S
It was probably all stock, too.

I think back in the day a guy with a low 12 stock turbo TR sprayed it with a 100 shot and it went 10's too.

Because one guy does something doesn't mean it was easy, cheap or worth doing.
Stock bottom end along with an undersized m90. No spray

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Zzp makes a rear plog too. And f bodies had ac stock......

I left a sentence out there.

There isn't a way on a 4th gen to get the downpipe out the back of the car with the AC pump in on a turbo setup. All the aftermarket setups put the downpipe through the spot where the AC pump sits. Or people dump the exhaust out of the front bumper, but you can't really do that on a street car that you put 40K miles on.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
http://m.oreillyauto.com/h5/r/oap/s...8074_-1&keyword=exhaust+manifold+gasketgasket

Tell that to whoever told you the bs that they ran them upside down
I'm not sure how a link to exh manifold gaskets is relevant to the discussion, but here is an fbody with a FWD cast manifold flipped 180 degrees.

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/showthread.php?48882-97-3800-Turbo-Camao-Almost-finished-FFH
You seriously don't see how an exhaust manifold gasket is relevant to a discussion on the exhaust manifold flange?

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
There literally isn't enough material on those manifolds to slot to where theyed fit. Would have to use washers etc hold it on. And then you'd be stuck with a crack prone manifold that I wouldn't run even on an na car. If you had to go the turbo route would be much better off running the zzp plugs run backwards......not upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor