T Top ridge rail fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
Just wondering if anyone here has used any of the t top repair kits that give you the seal channels and the center ridge plate and rail. most of all I want to know how well the ridge rail fit the contour/ curvature of the glass
To me this doesnt look right
IMG_2723.jpg
IMG_2741.jpg
IMG_2745.jpg

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
well if they are not admitting the part is incorrect or offering suggestions to make it fit I would be sending it back for a refund. If you try to make it work and it breaks you can be sure the vendor will deny a refund. Guys on here can probably suggest where you can buy parts that fit.

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
More than anything I just wanted to know if I was missing something. To me the fact that the profile doesn't match the profile of the glass is definitely an issue. Its such a hassle to send it back to the U.S.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
More than anything I just wanted to know if I was missing something. To me the fact that the profile doesn't match the profile of the glass is definitely an issue. Its such a hassle to send it back to the U.S.

that's the bad thing about living north of the border. There used to be a place in Kamoka called NOS Reproductions that had those t-top parts. I bought a set of seals there years ago but they changed to just selling carpets cause sales were low and they moved to Grand Bend

Winkernod

Greasemonkey
Sep 13, 2018
London Ontario
So in an attempt to explain the problem I have said the the ridge rail needs to follow the same curvature as the glass so there is even pressure on the glass. and this is what I get back from the tech dept.:

I apologize as well I am getting over a nasty cold and flu. I can barely talk due to a sore throat.

I understand the function and may not have explained it well enough. So maybe you can share with your friends.

If the ridge cap was the exact shape of the glass there would be no pressure on the edge of the glass.

So when you bend the ridge cap for the curve this is putting pressure on the edge of the glass.

Think if it was perfectly curved and the glass slid straight in. There would be 0 tension on the glass and would not fit snug. They would actually want to flop as the seals aged and the anti-rattle strips conformed to the size

Does this make a little more sense now?

I hope this better explains it if not I will do my best. Sorry for being long winded but being sick for almost a week I figured I needed to explain a little better. Thank you for the e-mail explanation and I do understand your frustration. Once you do one of these you will be a pro. Wait until you have to glue seals in and trim at the same time. I have seen grown men throw tools doing this LOL

If any one can decipher what he is trying to say I would appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor