tachometer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeypowa

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2016
Tahiti - French Polynesia
Hi guys !!
I have some news ! So after you told me that there must be a tach wire on the distributor (its written tach in little on the plug on the left of the red wire), I looked for a loosen wire but I found nothing...

So I tried to hook a wire from the tach plug on the distributor directly to the bolt of the tach. It worked more or less : the needle moves depending on the throttle but stays very low ! (my idle is maybe 200 rpm, and maximum is 1000 rpm)...

SO I disconnected everything and I put back my tachometer in the cluster and retried, and it works back !! My tachometer now works like before with no wire hooked on the distributor !!! how is it possible ? can a tach wire be hooked to somewhere else than the distributor to get the RPM ?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor