Tail light bulbs swap to LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Good afternoon community from Germany,

due to the fact, that my wife told me, that one rear brake light doesn´t work anymore, i´m thinking about if anybody swapped his tail light bulbs to LED ?
I known to order them at SuperbrightLEDs, but do I have to take care of something ? Do I have to order additional parts ?

BR & Many THX in advance
Martin

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
I got my LED taillights from this guy:
https://www.classicleds.com/newproducts.html
Not sure if he ships to Germany though.

Mine required some fabrication. I had to cut apart my old taillight housing and glue in the LED bars. They are the sequential kind, sort of like how modern day Mustang rear blinkers are.

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I got my LED taillights from this guy:
https://www.classicleds.com/newproducts.html
Not sure if he ships to Germany though.

Mine required some fabrication. I had to cut apart my old taillight housing and glue in the LED bars. They are the sequential kind, sort of like how modern day Mustang rear blinkers are.
Hi Luke,
good idea,............. but i´m not allowed by goverment to do this modification. Otherwise i´ll loose my H-license number. H-license number means, that it´s an ORIGINAL vintage car and i only have to pay € 191,-/year for tax. Without H-license numer i would pay € 1875,-/year for tax.

Martin

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor