Terrible experience at Earl Scheib. BEWARE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2008
Terrible experience at Earl Scheib.

I read some comments from 2006, I want to tell you "BEWARE", if you are thinking about going to Earl Scheib in Glendale, CA, to have your car painted you better think twice.

I had a terrible experience, they were suppose to paint my car and sand it, but they did not, that's a rip off, they just painted it on top of the old paint, you could see even the previous scratches. They advertise a different story. They made a mess inside my car, left paint stains in the seats, I will never take my car there again, no wonder they are not authorized by AAA!!!!

May 30, 2008
Recently I had a terrible experience at Earl Scheib. I took my car to be painted, they were supposed to sand it first and paint the whole car, they did not, that's a rip off. They just painted it on top of the old paint, you could even see the old scratches! They made a mess inside the car, paint stains everywhere also in the seats. I would have made a better job myself.

No wonder they are not AAA aproved!!!

BEWARE!!!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
There is a reason cheap paint jobs are cheap. That's why I do my own paint work.

HFX

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Atlanta, GA
earl scheib has always been terrible. Maako on the other hand, I've seen just as good a paint job as a body shop provided you do most of the big dent removal first and remove all your molding.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
florence Marco said:
Terrible experience at Earl Scheib.

I read some comments from 2006, I want to tell you "BEWARE", if you are thinking about going to Earl Scheib in Glendale, CA, to have your car painted you better think twice.

I had a terrible experience, they were suppose to paint my car and sand it, but they did not, that's a rip off, they just painted it on top of the old paint, you could see even the previous scratches. They advertise a different story. They made a mess inside my car, left paint stains in the seats, I will never take my car there again, no wonder they are not authorized by AAA!!!!

My only surprise is that YOU'RE surprised by this....

May 30, 2008
Hello to all the ones replying to my comment about earl scheib, I did not pay the chip usual price, that is why I am upset, I paid a lot of money for sanding and a cover up they told me that lasts for life???? and got a mess at the end. I called the headquarters and they never returned my call...

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
I always tell my friends "You get what you pay for" when they start complaining about there Earl Scheib paint jobs! My best advice to you is save up some $$$ and have it done right.

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
Maaco had done my 442 before I bought it and the worst thing they did was not remove or change the side mouldings.

If I stripped the car myself of the trim, then I'd have Maaco do it in a heartbeat. For a daily driver that is.

HFX

Apprentice
May 13, 2008
Atlanta, GA
pose_442 said:
Maaco had done my 442 before I bought it and the worst thing they did was not remove or change the side mouldings.

If I stripped the car myself of the trim, then I'd have Maaco do it in a heartbeat. For a daily driver that is.

No point in putting a show finish on a car that isn't garage kept and driven rarely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor