TH200-C Wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
I'm loosing faith in you - you asked for a V-6 w/trans, sent you 42,000 mi take out w/ trans in your back yard (all for $100) and you blew it off - don't know how much more drop-in you can get it and the 250 trans was available 69-86. I've worked on every Yamaha Diesel they made and timing is simple - surprised you didn't google it. This is a great forum and if you don't understand or know something just ask.

I'm confused what you're trying to get too?? I am looking for a lot of things right now. Not to mention Diesel parts for my 1 YEAR ONLY Diesel engine. NOT EASY... 3 years in the making.
Not to mention Super rare to find LeMans interior parts and a bunch of NOS Sheet metal parts for my Square body trucks.

I don't even know what your on about with the "sent you 42,000 mi take out w/ trans in your back yard (all for $100) and you blew it off" ??? Like you on Crack or something?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The 4.1 is a nice upgrade a member is offering to sell that will basically look stock. Here is the issue, your car WILL NOT be numbers matching making a 3.8/TH200C pointless, it won't be original. If you told someone you put another 3.8 in on purpose, they will ask why would you want that. A 4.1 with dual exhaust will look original except to experts and give 25 hp over a stock single exhaust 3.8 and get the SAME mileage, maybe more if you stay out of the secondaries. I do get the TH200C over a TH250. A better first gear, less parasitic drag and a lock up torque converter. Of course a TH2004R has all that plus a .67 overdrive, allowing a gear swap to a 3.42 gear, with stock tires at 60 mph, 1850 rpm. I seriously considered making my 1970 Cutlass S look stock under the hood but realized it won't be and I even had the correct #6 heads for 1970 on the 350. It really wouldn't add value and with work it could be a $10,000 car, your LeMans will never be especially with a V6. I got 21 mpg out of the Olds 260 someone put in the 70S. With an Olds 350 making twice the power, it got 19 mpg, same 2.78 gears. Carb leaned out with a 2004R trans on the 350 vs s regular TH350. I probably could have eeked out one more mpg. The whole drivetrain package makes a difference for performance and mpg. Someone told me to light it up, I could for a 1/4 block. I am putting back on headers and duals back on the Olds 260 to see if I can get 30 mpg imperial highway with my 88 Cutlass, 26 mpg so far. I had the headers and 2.5" compact X pipe dual exhaust on the 260 was already on my 88 when I had a 350 in it, it helped a lot everywhere for power. The little 1 7/8" dual exhaust on it now, it really kills the top end, struggles at the 4000 rpm shift points, so the headers and 2.5" system is going back on. Plus I have never heard better sounding exhaust, the same exhaust on the 70, it doesn't sound near as good. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
The 4.1 is a nice upgrade a member is offering to sell that will basically look stock. Here is the issue, your car WILL NOT be numbers matching making a 3.8/TH200C pointless, it won't be original. If you told someone you put another 3.8 in on purpose, they will ask why would you want that. A 4.1 with dual exhaust will look original except to experts and give 25 hp over a stock single exhaust 3.8 and get the SAME mileage, maybe more if you stay out of the secondaries. I do get the TH200C over a TH250. A better first gear, less parasitic drag and a lock up torque converter. Of course a TH2004R has all that plus a .67 overdrive, allowing a gear swap to a 3.42 gear, with stock tires at 60 mph, 1850 rpm. I seriously considered making my 1970 Cutlass S look stock under the hood but realized it won't be and I even had the correct #6 heads for 1970 on the 350. It really wouldn't add value and with work it could be a $10,000 car, your LeMans will never be especially with a V6. I got 21 mpg out of the Olds 260 someone put in the 70S. With an Olds 350 making twice the power, it got 19 mpg, same 2.78 gears. Carb leaned out with a 2004R trans on the 350 vs s regular TH350. I probably could have eeked out one more mpg. The whole drivetrain package makes a difference for performance and mpg. Someone told me to light it up, I could for a 1/4 block. I am putting back on headers and duals back on the Olds 260 to see if I can get 30 mpg imperial highway with my 88 Cutlass, 26 mpg so far. I had the headers and 2.5" compact X pipe dual exhaust on the 260 was already on my 88 when I had a 350 in it, it helped a lot everywhere for power. The little 1 7/8" dual exhaust on it now, it really kills the top end, struggles at the 4000 rpm shift points, so the headers and 2.5" system is going back on. Plus I have never heard better sounding exhaust, the same exhaust on the 70, it doesn't sound near as good. Good luck.

I get your point on everything, But to me, it would be numbers matching because that's how i originally got the car :D
I don't really care much for the upgrades more or less I'm Extremely stubborn. I was always about Stock look. It'd be different if parts were available for my car... but there not.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I was always about Stock look. It'd be different if parts were available for my car... but there not
Even though I would never do it if I was going for a stock replacement and already had a SBC installed I would look for a 305 SBC/ 200R4 combo and since you are about MPG if you look at real world testing of our Gbody's you will see that the V8 combo's compared to the V6 versions will actually have equal or higher MPG numbers and are far more durable than the N/A V6.
At least 75% of the Gbody's I have converted to SBC or BBC came with blown or rod knocking Buick V6 IMO the N/A V6 is underpowered to pull the weight of the Gbody and ends up getting pushed harder resulting in worst mileage and then finally death.

Reactions: 1 user

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
Even though I would never do it if I was going for a stock replacement and already had a SBC installed I would look for a 305 SBC/ 200R4 combo and since you are about MPG if you look at real world testing of our Gbody's you will see that the V8 combo's compared to the V6 versions will actually have equal or higher MPG numbers and are far more durable than the N/A V6.
At least 75% of the Gbody's I have converted to SBC or BBC came with blown or rod knocking Buick V6 IMO the N/A V6 is underpowered to pull the weight of the Gbody and ends up getting pushed harder resulting in worst mileage and then finally death.

True but I'm not a V8 Guy period. So It doesn't really work for me.
I gotta 305 from my truck but I'm set on the Combo I want.

End of Discussion.

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
I appreciate your guy's comments and options on other motors etc, but if the comment isn't related to *Helping* me find a Transmission I'm not interested.
Just annoyed at this point! NO V8 Nor 200r4 Will be going in this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor