TH200-C Wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If you told someone you put another 3.8 in on purpose, they will ask why would you want that.
HEY! What are you trying to say?!?!
True but I'm not a V8 Guy period. So It doesn't really work for me.
I gotta 305 from my truck but I'm set on the Combo I want.

End of Discussion.
See my build thread if you want to be a real knucklehead! (like me) :p

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
HEY! What are you trying to say?!?!

See my build thread if you want to be a real knucklehead! (like me) :p
An EFI 3.8 Turbo or a 3800 is a totally different animal. Not a rough running, gutless turd.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
True but I'm not a V8 Guy period. So It doesn't really work for me.
I gotta 305 from my truck but I'm set on the Combo I want. End of Discussion
Like I said I can time diesels. I don't know gasoline .

Hey I get it, you are committed to down grading to a N/A Buick V6 / 200C 3 speed because you don't like power, reliability or better MPG so what happens if your newly installed gas engine V6 needs to be timed are you going to pull that and install a Olds Diesel?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
The TH-200C in Iowa that was free has a new home already

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Yup my th200 is gone.

I have a 4 barrel 4.1 buick V6 intake and carb for sale too since I am having good luck getting rid of my spares in this thread :p

Reactions: 4 users

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
Hey I get it, you are committed to down grading to a N/A Buick V6 / 200C 3 speed because you don't like power, reliability or better MPG so what happens if your newly installed gas engine V6 needs to be timed are you going to pull that and install a Olds Diesel?

First off... Why do you have to Constantly pick on me? It's not your car, So It's MY Decision what I shall do with it.
Besides, I wouldn't do that, That's why I'm going back to that V6 so It's already running Get it?

I would rather have an Oldsmobile diesel in a 78-81 Chevrolet Pickup.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
First off... Why do you have to Constantly pick on me? It's not your car, So It's MY Decision what I shall do with it.
Besides, I wouldn't do that, That's why I'm going back to that V6 so It's already running Get it?
You are right and maybe I was a little harsh and the reality is it is your car and you can put whatever drive train you like in there, regardless of what I think.
I personally would look at your local CL for Gbody's being parted out, most people pulling drive trains are not looking to use an original 200C so I imagine even one in good working order would be relatively inexpensive or free.

Reactions: 1 user

79Lemans

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2015
Michigan
You are right and maybe I was a little harsh and the reality is it is your car and you can put whatever drive train you like in there, regardless of what I think.
I personally would look at your local CL for Gbody's being parted out, most people pulling drive trains are not looking to use an original 200C so I imagine even one in good working order would be relatively inexpensive or free.

Well, I do apprentice your tone turned around. You guys just need to understand, For myself, I always bought 6 Cylinder & V6 cars/trucks If My father did also... I'd buy the motors from him, and in return help find a V8 He's a V8 Guy, I'm not.

I prefer Odd, Unquie and rare, Like the Buick Fireball & Dauntless V6 Marvellous engines, they stood the test of time and durability in many vehicles such as the CJ-5 Jeeps, 61-62 Buick Specials/Special Skylarks, Willy Overlands, which are now 50-65 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor