ThA RuNt projeck "FRAME OFF"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 81 malibu "PROJECT 3 SPEED"

i say grind it all to bare metal and clear it. 8)

I would think using the grinder on your panels would be a little too harsh. I could see using it on the 1/4 panel filled with bondo.
Paint stripper is alot quicker, but then you have to clean all the stripper residue off the panels. Have you thought of using a DA sander to sand down the sheet metal?

100_0970.jpg

you should leave it looking like this and just clearcoat it. THAT would be t*ts! 8)

lol someone told me that last night when i took it to a local show
beermonkey9417 said:
100_0970.jpg

you should leave it looking like this and just clearcoat it. THAT would be t*ts! 8)

3XBrownCutty said:
i say grind it all to bare metal and clear it. 8)
i totally missed this^^ :blam:

Longroof79 said:
I would think using the grinder on your panels would be a little too harsh. I could see using it on the 1/4 panel filled with bondo.
Paint stripper is alot quicker, but then you have to clean all the stripper residue off the panels. Have you thought of using a DA sander to sand down the sheet metal?
i have been using paint stripper and then the grinder to clean up the left over residue.... but i unfortunetly i do not have a compressor or DA sander ..

I have been reading along for a little while now and you are doing great work . I wish I had the drive to get my car done . Keep up the sick work . :shock:

T-TOP TONY said:
damn dude its coming out good
seein what u did to urs and what warren doin to his i had to put some work in...i think imma paint it myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor