Thank you, our Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
1602_VeteransMemorialDay.jpg

As Memorial Day approaches, I, as an American, son of a 26 year Veteran, I want to take this time to thank all of the veterans and families of Veterans here, at GBF. Your service cannot be any greater, as one who has sacrificed, and been prepared to sacrifice all, for their country and fellow citizens.
I only rebelled against my Father one time, and that was to be pushed into going to the service. For many years I have regretted my mistake of not joining.
May your thoughts be with those who have served, and who are serving now........regardless of what you think of the reasoning our forces are, and have been serving in....

Veterans Day and Memorial Day are similar in that both American holidays honor those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. However, the fundamental difference between the two holidays is that Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation’s service while Veterans Day is set aside to honor and thank U.S. military veterans, living or dead, for their honorable military service during war or peacetime.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
My uncle Marty served when we very first went to Afganistan and just hearing some of the things they went through is really hard to comprehend considering how safe and comfortable America is compared to other countries. I couldnt imagine a world where you couldnt even pass a kid in the streets or a parked car on the side of the road without a sense of fear. We take it for granted everyday. I work with a veteran and it took a huge toll on him mentally. So thanks to all the veterans for keeping us safe! :notworthy:

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Semper Fi!

If you have family or friends involved in a conflict overseas be sure to keep in contact, whether it's letter, phone call or care package. It means a lot to know people haven't forgotten about you when you're on extended tours of duty.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My Dad served in WWII, I served in Germany, and my Son-in-law served in Iraq. We all escaped harm, but this day is for those who came back in a box or not at all. It's a high price to pay, yet we've always paid it. Enjoy the day and enjoy your freedom, for we are still the envy of the whole world. "All gave some-some gave all".

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm north of border but I'm not blind to the fact that you guys have protected our way of life and thank all of you that have served and your families..Happy Memorial Day to you all

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
I would like to join all of those who have already posted and say thanks to the vets and to honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. As the son of a vet, the grandson of a vet, and the great great great grandson of a civil war vet, I feel a special connection with them. Our vets spilled their blood to protect our way of life. Let us always honor them by never giving in when it comes to our freedoms and our rights, no matter who or what attempts to take them away.....
and when you see a flag that is tattered and neglected, tell somebody about it, and if they dont fix it, cut it down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor