The 200 Metric

Status
Not open for further replies.

constantprojects

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2011
shotgun said:
The metric 200 had the same first (2.75) as the OD trans listed above. Going to them will not help off the line.

If it is working right (no slip, shifts firm, TV cable set right) it is not your problem , yet.

Find out the rear ratio.

Get the engine right.

After that you will have to start trans shopping. :mrgreen:

pretty sure engine is right . going to take it into a shop this week for them to fine tune carb and whatnot . trans does hesitate shifting a little and if i dig into it , well its a no go lol . i will do the tape trick on drive shaft and tire as stated above tomorrow . im guessing thats going to tell you so you can tell me what rearend is in it ?

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly

washingtonb2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2010
Gear Ratios

The real reason for choosing a 200-4R is for the overdrive. The "It's All in the Ratios" chart lists all the different ratios for the various Chevy automatic transmissions from the 'Glide to the TH700-R4. As the chart illustrates, the TH200-4R uses a 2.74:1 First-gear ratio which is deeper than a TH350's ratio but not as deep as the TH700-R4's 3.06:1 ratio. While the TH200-4R doesn't fit into the "more is better" theory of most street tire-burners, our experience is that the TH200-4R's engine rpm drop between First and Second is less severe, which helps the car accelerate after the gear change. There are many enthusiasts who don't understand this, but if you think in terms of total rpm drop between First- to Second-, and Second- to Third-gear changes, it will make sense. This is why the TH350s and TH400s work so well since the ratios are closer together.

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/49798_th200_4r_transmission_swap/index.html

washingtonb2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2010
I feel the same way bro. I am constantly checking this forum for new info and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor