The Craigslist Leeches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
A few months ago I listed a free washer, dryer and couch on facebook marketplace (I'd argue its even worse than craigslist).

The ad went something like this (photos included)

"FREE working washer, dryer, and sleeper sofa.

Functional washer and dryer.

Sleeper Sofa from a non smoking home, but with pets, great condition.

First come first serve, located at ABC street, ABC City.

I cannot hold or deliver, I would bring help the couch is very heavy."

Madness ensues:

"how much?"

"is this still available?"

"can you deliver to my house 45 miles away....one way??"

"does it work?"

"can you please hold it while I get jimmy bob to get a truck to come get it?"

"I don't have a car, I have 19 children that haven't eaten in 2 weeks, we now have to move because the laundry is taking over our house....can you deliver?"

It was like I won the lottery when someone showed up from a local charity to pick the items up!

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
A few months ago I listed a free washer, dryer and couch on facebook marketplace (I'd argue its even worse than craigslist).

The ad went something like this (photos included)

"FREE working washer, dryer, and sleeper sofa.

Functional washer and dryer.

Sleeper Sofa from a non smoking home, but with pets, great condition.

First come first serve, located at ABC street, ABC City.

I cannot hold or deliver, I would bring help the couch is very heavy."

Madness ensues:

"how much?"

"is this still available?"

"can you deliver to my house 45 miles away....one way??"

"does it work?"

"can you please hold it while I get jimmy bob to get a truck to come get it?"

"I don't have a car, I have 19 children that haven't eaten in 2 weeks, we now have to move because the laundry is taking over our house....can you deliver?"

It was like I won the lottery when someone showed up from a local charity to pick the items up!

It took me a while to realize 2 things about using the facebook garbage...

1) they have a button to click with half a dozen stupid messages ranging from is this still available, im interested in this item, etc...
2) many people post things under the no price option, which then says "free" even though they're actually looking to sell it for money.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Then there are the ones who text you "will you take $xxxx?" without even seeing the car. Or the ones who call and tell you a sob story about how they don't have any money but will you take $73, a half eaten Twix bar, a used couch and an exercise bike in trades?
Sorry about that, moneys tight since we just got the new truck. As for the Twix bar, the boy finshed it. So could I use a 1/4 filled bag of jelly beans? And could you loan me the $73 I'm offereing? I'm good for it on the sixth Tuesday next month...

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Or when you put "NO TRADES" or I'm not interested in this or that in trade and they send you a pic of some beat a@@ piece of crap 4 wheeler or dirtbike that's in 500 pieces and ask if you wanna trade even up.

Nov 4, 2012
My TTA needs the A/C charged, the driver seat bottom and side bolster recovered and some minor paint touch up (its a 73K mile original paint, unrestored car) but the whining text messages about "how much work it needs" fill up my phone. If the car was perfect I would be selling it at Barrett Jackson, not Craigslist, dumasses.

Ugh, the ones who point out every little thing. It's a 20 YEAR OLD CAR. If you want a new one, go to the BMW dealership and drop $45k on an equivalent new car. I know it's not perfect, it is priced with that in mind.

Sorry about that, moneys tight since we just got the new truck. As for the Twix bar, the boy finshed it. So could I use a 1/4 filled bag of jelly beans? And could you loan me the $73 I'm offereing? I'm good for it on the sixth Tuesday next month...

I'll front you the money but I need it back by the second Wednesday of next week, I need to send it to this Prince guy in Nigeria who's gonna make me rich.

Jelly beans okay.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
It took me a while to realize 2 things about using the facebook garbage...

1) they have a button to click with half a dozen stupid messages ranging from is this still available, im interested in this item, etc...
2) many people post things under the no price option, which then says "free" even though they're actually looking to sell it for money.

Definitely this, I can't tell you how many times I have got that on Facebook as well as Offer Up and Let Go when I say when do you want to come get it. They say oh sorry just have accidentally hit that button

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Ugh, the ones who point out every little thing. It's a 20 YEAR OLD CAR. If you want a new one, go to the BMW dealership and drop $45k on an equivalent new car. I know it's not perfect, it is priced with that in mind.

I'll front you the money but I need it back by the second Wednesday of next week, I need to send it to this Prince guy in Nigeria who's gonna make me rich.

Jelly beans okay.
By "jelly beans" you mean belly lint rolled into a bean like shape is also ok, right?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I put "will accept trades" sometimes for the humor of seeing what crap people are willing to get rid of.

Had an offer for 3 empty large propane tanks, like 100 gallon, and a crossbow in trade for my 88 cherokee. Screamed too meth lab to me and I had no use for 300 gallons of empty propane tanks nor a desire to recreate the walking dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor