UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
So today I get a Text on my TTA "do you take trades"

The ad says "No trades. I have my own crap, I'd don't need yours, thank you."

The guy is persistent "are you sure"

"Positive"

So far I have turned down title for title trades on a Low mileage C6, and lower mileage C5 and a Low mileage LS1T56 WS6 TA.

I'm Positive whatever this dude is going to offer to trade me isn't half as good as any of those and I'm not even curious what it would be.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I've sold a couple of cars on Craigslist. I guess I don't have the same rage as you guys. Yeah, I get the low-ballers and tire-kickers. I'm just straight-up with them, and I don't let it get under my skin too much. I also list a price knowing the final offer will probably be $500 less than asking.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I've sold a couple of cars on Craigslist. I guess I don't have the same rage as you guys. Yeah, I get the low-ballers and tire-kickers. I'm just straight-up with them, and I don't let it get under my skin too much. I also list a price knowing the final offer will probably be $500 less than asking.

I had a Cop Test Drive my Diesel Ram 3 times on three different days, but wouldn't pull the trigger because I wouldn't come off the price, then got TOTALLY pissed at me when I told him sold it for what I was asking for it when he called for another "test drive". Probably why he was an airport cop and not a Dallas cop.

I am 100% emotionally unattached during any of these transactions. On the scammers I try to determine their "angle" - and try to figure out how this transaction could possibly work for them. On most I just don't see it.

And not giving up that $500 is the fun of selling on CL. It worth $500 for the entertainment.

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
I think this here is the reason I run my crap until there is nothing left of value and scrap it, or park it in the weeds.... No time for peoples BS in my life.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So today I get a Text on my TTA "do you take trades"

The ad says "No trades. I have my own crap, I'd don't need yours, thank you."

The guy is persistent "are you sure"

"Positive"

So far I have turned down title for title trades on a Low mileage C6, and lower mileage C5 and a Low mileage LS1T56 WS6 TA.

I'm Positive whatever this dude is going to offer to trade me isn't half as good as any of those and I'm not even curious what it would be.
Could tell him things like yes, will trade straight across for an AAR Barracuda, original pre-58 corvette, I'd say gnx but you'd get a ragged out regal with a badge or maybe a plain gn...

Toss out ridiculous valued stuff.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Could tell him things like yes, will trade straight across for an AAR Barracuda, original pre-58 corvette, I'd say gnx but you'd get a ragged out regal with a badge or maybe a plain gn...

Toss out ridiculous valued stuff.

I want to tell them something like obscure like sure: Amphicars and Jensen Interceptors, but I know he has a 6 year old Chevy Silverado he just paid off.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
1. Park car in river
2. Collect insurance check.

No more CL problem.

• Creative
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
1. Park car in river
2. Collect insurance check.

No more CL problem.

I like this idea except for the whole "insurance fraud is illegal" part. Damn those government bastards.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I always have stuff for sale on Kijiji ( same as CL ). Pestered me on pricing for some shelving for days, we finally agreed to a price and he tried shorting me the cash. I pulled it out of his van and started tossing it in the parking lot. ROFL the look on his face was priceless.

Last edited:

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I like this idea except for the whole "insurance fraud is illegal" part. Damn those government bastards.

That and my current "bundled" insurance bill is like $12K/year. I don't want to do anything to piss those guys off anymore than they already are because Hailstorms happen in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor