The "I'm Obsessive With Lawn Tractors" Thread

Well now...

FB_IMG_1675737444728.jpg

Reactions: Streetbu
Now we be talking here. Only modification I can think of is to modify the trigger using a bell crank on a pivot and a rod with a couple of heim ends attached to a pedal to make it foot actuated. Any plans to add more more weight out back to compensate for the push back when it is fired?

Nick

Now we be talking here. Only modification I can think of is to modify the trigger using a bell crank on a pivot and a rod with a couple of heim ends attached to a pedal to make it foot actuated. Any plans to add more more weight out back to compensate for the push back when it is fired?

Nick
Thinking about it, you'd probably want the suitcase weights to hang off the front. That will keep it from trying to lift the front with recoil.

1675807585257.png

They look like this and you can hook to the front or rear. Front end loader weight pulling down on front you add to rear. When you've got something pulling down the rear or lifting the front, you'd add to rear.

I guess if you were shooting at balloons in the air you would use rear weight, if you were shooting at traffic you'd add front.

Bought a sleeve hitch assembly for a Sears GT6000.
Fellow that I bought the sleeve hitch from had his
tractor spring a gas leak and burn to the ground. I
picked up all the pieces including rocker shaft and
actuator handle. IOW, I picked up more pieces than
usual as the Sears tractor was totally incinerated.

Reactions: Streetbu
O-kay, that actually answers two questions that I had in mind, first being what identity/cal of that MG is, and second, how to counterweight the platform to keep it stable during operation.

Browning 30 cal. Now me here wondering if the Deere's chassis would be heavy enough to support a Ma Deuce? Yeah, I do get that I am rapidly approaching the silly zone here but, if not a 50, then what about a SAW, or Squad Automatic Weapon? Any difference between capability or versatility between the two?

Nick

..then what about a SAW, or Squad Automatic Weapon? Any difference between capability or versatility between the two?
The M249 SAW is 5.56 NATO, fast fire rate. Same round as the M16, M4, and many other standard military rifles now.

Browning 30 Cal is 30-06, which in metric is 7.62x63. Damn near identical to 7.62 NATO because the 7.62 NATO was designed to be that way, smaller cartridge length same caliber and ballistics.

That 30 Cal would be slower but hit harder, more distance.

Okay then, since I am on a tear here for ammo info, is the .303 still available? The British used it in their Lee-Enfields but that was multiple decades ago.

And how many laws you might be willing to break in the process? I can probably pick up a brick or two while on the next Southern Run but getting it over the border is sketchy; mailing it doesn't help, they put almost everything coming or going through an X-Ray or other scanner as part of the routine.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor