BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Good idea on the dash! I farted around with different ideas for a dash swap in my monte. I wanted one from a late 70s Camaro/Firebird but after realizing that half of the dash was part of the firewall I stuck to a g body. I did the common Grand Prix dash and made a new gauge panel. Heres a pic for ideas...
new dash and console.jpeg

Good idea on the dash! I farted around with different ideas for a dash swap in my monte. I wanted one from a late 70s Camaro/Firebird but after realizing that half of the dash was part of the firewall I stuck to a g body. I did the common Grand Prix dash and made a new gauge panel. Heres a pic for ideas...View attachment 40250
Oh man, that looks bad *ss! Love the use of carbon fiber and Autometer gauges with the Lightning Rods. Similar idea for what I have planned.

One of the G's in the wreckers today was a GP, but the dash was badly cracked as most of them are. The GP dash was definitely an option, but I really wanted this particular one plus I doubt anyone else has ever done it.

I'm seriously thinking of going with Dakota Digital gauges this time around. They're no longer just digital, their analog stuff is pretty killer. Plus, you can add on tons of other functions like wide band O2, boost, a compass, you name it.

These are the ones I was looking at to go in the new dash.
image.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic, gives me ideas and motivation!

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting....you've got your work cut out, but that hasn't stopped you before!

Interesting....you've got your work cut out, but that hasn't stopped you before!
Nope. I try not to let fear and common sense hold me back.
:p

Reactions: 1 user
Well guys, it is now officially my birthday.
42 years ago today. Where the hell does the time go?
:wtf:

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday!! It does go fast, I'm 46 and have no idea where the last ten years went!!
Loving that dash idea, and a little surprised it was so hard to come by. I mean a hard find locally I get, same where I live, but would have thought the www would have offered up a few.
Anyways, it does look to be a lot of work but looking forward to see how you get er done, keep us posted as usual. Really enjoying your progress!!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor