Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
100_4171.JPG

100_4173.JPG

100_4179.JPG

100_4178.JPG

100_4174.JPG

I can't wait for powdercoat. The planned paint scheme is going to be blue/black or blue/gunmetal grey like in the pic below.
photoshoot2.jpg

Any suggestions from you guys for what might be a nice color to match the frame to? I want to stay away from the usual boring gloss black. Everyone does that. This needs a color as individual as the build has been!
100_4171.JPG

This pic is still my favorite... I've always wanted a bad-*ss hot rod rolling chassis!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Agree, such a beauty job on it, why not?
Mostly because it's flash rusted in a few spots since completion due to humidity in the air. I could go with a silver powdercoat or ceramic coat tho.

bbarbulo

Apprentice
Dec 2, 2014
Windsor ON
battleship grey pwdrcoat on the frame?

thing is though with a color as strong as cobalt blue, a black gloss would look the absolute best

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks great!!

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Here's a good idea why not show off all those nice shiny parts by painting your frame a color similar to stainless steel. And along with the underside of the car. You wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at the car unless you open the hood or look underneath the car. (Or putting a mirror underneath like in a car show). That way a lighter color would make it easier to show off all that hard work that hides underneath the car. Blue wouldn't be able to do that. It works if you plan on splitting the black and blue with a silver line...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor