BUILD THREAD “The Juggernaut”

Nov 4, 2012
The lay-down/duck tail type spoiler would be my pick Donovan. I think it's a cleaner look that should really suit the car well.

Reactions: 5 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Seriously? Nobody is interested in keeping this speed machine glued to the road? There can be only one solution.

aRj4A0A_460s.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I would go with the lay down/ducktail type spoiler as well Donovan. The only thing I would say is, don't make it so its sticks out too far past the trunklid.

Reactions: 4 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
The trunk lid on the GN with no spoiler has a nice peak at the end. It's like the lid is just a bit longer than the back, and the back has to sweep (or curve) out and up to meet it.
GN Trunk.png

With the sides of the lid right over the the tail lights and the level changes on the top of the trunk lid, I'm not sure if it would be possible. I think a subtle lip molded into the lid would be a nice touch and would probably be missed or assumed stock by the uninitiated.

It's really hard to say. The hood yells "I'm Custom!", so do you continue that expression on the back? At the same time, the front fender flares whispers "I'm stock, ignore me...". My vote would be to get rid of the pedestal style and go with something flat to the lid or molded in.

Hutch

Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
D,
I wouldn't go for anything too prominent that would stick out like a sore thumb. I like a subtle lip type spoiler. Just my $.02.
I'm thinking like the lip type spoiler on some Monte Carlo SSs

Reactions: 3 users

Bengler455

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2022
I need me some of those bracketries. Been struggling with brackets and pulleys for a minute now.

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well, after all the input and feedback from you guys, it looks like the consensus is unanimous: time to upgrade from that old dated spoiler.

I do have to say though, I’m a little bit surprised that there was not a single vote to keep the old one. I figured there’d be at least one person that would say “keep the old one, it suits the lines of the car”. But no worries, your feedback just reaffirms what I’ve already been considering.

I had a couple of minutes between jobs at work yesterday, so just for shjts and giggles I did a quick online image search to see if I could find something similar to what I’ve been picturing in my head. And I came across this:

IMG_6909.jpeg

Now obviously it’s on a GN so it wouldn’t be exactly the same, but it’s about as close as I’ve found to what I’ve been picturing. It was found on a Turbo Buick site, and here’s a link to the article, but it’s pretty sparse on details.
Not surprisingly.

I don’t necessarily agree with how they achieved it, but I guess the end result is still the same. When it comes time for me to build mine, I’ll be doing it out of old school metal, and it’ll be less bulky and cumbersome. I’ll still do it as a separate, removable piece rather than molded in like some have suggested, but it’ll definitely be less bulky.

But you get the point. The shape, angles, height, and even the notch all match what I picture. It may be a little more aggressive and less subtle than what some of you would like to see, but let’s be honest: The Juggernaut is already about as subtle a sledgehammer, and I’m perfectly ok with a little more aggressive look.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor