The Junkyard Interchange and Rarities Thread

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Any year specific? Any big mod to wiring has to be done?

I used a fan controller from Autozone on my dual fans. It was about $50 and worked pretty well, but I would reccommend getting the type that has a screw in sensor for the head. The radiator fin type is not all that accurate. You may also be able to tie into the factory temperature sensor if you have a gauge dash.

emperorbrownsuga

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 1, 2012
I have one in my 87 Monte carlo, came out of a 89 305 RS camaro. It does have a heater hose return nipple on the passenger side, so if you aren't going to use it you'll have to cap it off.

godlemmy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2011
Cleveland,oh
my dad and I put a 4 core rad out of a mid 70s fbody in his 78 Malibu to cool the bbc. we were even able to use a plastic flex fan from jegs along with the gbody rad shroud. just had to modify the shroud to fit the larger rad core.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Kinda surprised me that my granny 86 cutlass came stock with aluminum bumpers

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Not sure if this has been covered in this thread so l will post it. For guys wanting to box in their rear lower control arms,most times the arms are rusty, sometimes bent and have 30 to almost 40 year old bushings in them.
Instead of using those arms , go to the junkyard and look for a 4 th gen Fbody I have found several sets that are almost rust free with way newer bushings. Another plus is they are even easier to pull than a GBody.
Timo22

Reactions: 2 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
View attachment 63516 View attachment 63515 View attachment 63510 Not sure if this has been covered in this thread so l will post it. For guys wanting to box in their rear lower control arms,most times the arms are rusty, sometimes bent and have 30 to almost 40 year old bushings in them.
Instead of using those arms , go to the junkyard and look for a 4 th gen Fbody I have found several sets that are almost rust free with way newer bushings. Another plus is they are even easier to pull than a GBody.
Timo22
Was mentioned but no pics were provided for comparo

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
This should be required reading for new members. Great stuff here.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor