The Made in USA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I always try to buy American whenever possible, and we all know how hard that can be sometimes. Either there is no choice, or the cost is prohibitive. But lately I'm seeing the cost of import junk getting up to where good US made stuff would be if they still made it. I'm proposing we post good deals we find on American made stuff, so others can benefit and our US companies get our business. I'll start with the Korky brand of toilet bowl repair products, formerly Lavelle . Not glamorous, but I needed to overhaul some units and needed well made complete kits. I was surprised to find the Korky brand used STAINLESS bowl fasteners, a modern design without a float arm, and the complete overhaul kit was less than $20 at Lowe's. It works great.

Nov 4, 2012
Alright, I like this idea. Two brands I know of-

Zippo lighters, about $20 each, last forever, guaranteed for life. Zippo offers free servicing if you send it away to their repair clinic.

Autometer Tachs- most of you already know this, but they are USA made, and the best tach you can get.

Oh one more- Diamond Brand Saw Blades- best saw blades you can buy. My uncle used to sell 'em. My dad was a carpenter and swears by them. USA made.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Maglite. You can't get a better flashlight, and at a reasonable cost. I lifted this from their website, it's their commitment to American made products. "• Every Mag Instrument flashlight, no matter where in the world it ends up, comes from a factory located in the U.S.A. and staffed by American workers."

Nov 4, 2012
I wish I could say Craftsman hand tools, but they recently went Asian.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Stant thermostats, etc were made in Indiana & I bought them whenever I could...hope they still are.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
joesregalproject said:
I wish I could say Craftsman hand tools, but they recently went Asian.

Not all, but sadly yes some are. especially their new CHEAP line...

88cscb

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
my wife wanted as kitchenaid mixer, looks like they are made in ohio, and guarateed for life too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor