Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
pontiacgp said:
88cscb said:
Your last comment was the most important. Honda Toyota etc provide thousands of jobs in this country that provide Americans good paying Jobs that are desperately needed. They manage to do this without asking the government for interest free loans and handouts for blatant mismanagement.

there is a Toyota plant in my area and I have friends working there. When Japan was hit with the earthquake and tsunami the plant was almost shut down till Japan could make the parts for the cars. The bastards never got any local production companies to make any parts. There are no one from this country who run the plants and they treat the people on the floor like dogs. The only reason the people work there is for the pay. As for no government money they are given the land to build their plants and are given many other benefits to open up here.
My point exactly :)

88cscb

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
Clearlybeveryone has their position omn this issue, but check some facts. Check a window sticker on a Honda,,,,,,,80 plus % of the parts are made in USA or Canada.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
the Barrett .50 caliber rifle, made in the USA. i'm glad that thing is made here and not somewhere else.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
China is a growing economy which the people there are becoming smarter, quickly. THey are currently in Chinese New Year and will plan on pay increases after so. SO, you will be surprised over the next years how much MFG comes back to the USA. I know right now I am doing so because of jobs, freight, lead times, etc. Many companies will start moving here. I hope that our work ethic gets better, this is where the USA needs to improve. We are a country that continues to give to those whom dont try as hard as others, and until we break this issue we will have labor issues.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
G_Body_Enthusiast said:
the Barrett .50 caliber rifle, made in the USA. i'm glad that thing is made here and not somewhere else.

Awesome gun... Wish it was less expensive, but worth every penny

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
Black Hills Ammunition made in Rapid City, SD
Fram oil\air filters and Caterpillar fuel filters made by Baldwin Filters in Yankton, SD
Gehl Skid Steers and Telescopic fork lifts made in Yankton, SD
Kolberg-Pioneer mining equipment made in Yankton, SD(If you watch Gold Rush Alaska the big red wash plant was made here)
Wilson livestock trailers made in Yankton, SD

I try to buy American when ever I can as well. All the new guns I have bought in the last five years were made in the USA. I now buy fram oil and air filters when I found out Baldwin Filters, here in town, made filters for them. All my cars are American brands. Read the labels on the stuff you buy. Some times the off brand is made here and the name brand is not. I do not like shopping at walmart as well. They should change their name to China mart. Unfortunately, almost all our electronics are not made here. This country knows how to make stuff, and make a quality product. The people of this Country should be mad a hell, that company's are out sourcing out manufacturing jobs. In the process, throwing hardworking middle class American workers out in the cold.

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
Another thing to consider besides where the product is made, is where the support for the product is. Nothing more frustrating then not only having something not work, but trying to talk to someone in india to get it fixed.

Companies like HP have out sourced support oversea's for about 90% of the products they make. While Apple and AT&T have been able to keep support in North America.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
"the Barrett .50 caliber rifle, made in the USA." That's what Chris Dorner, the ex-cop, ex-Army Captain was reportedly using to conduct his reign of terror in California. We knicknamed him RamBro, as he seemed unstoppable until now. At least he bought American too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor