The new engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
I got it back a little late.
After a few "issues" and "delays" I got it back a week and 2 days after my promised date.
But none the less I am satisfied with it, its running good other than a couple problems.
First the car will switch out of 1st gear but it takes a minute, and will make this whining noise while trying.
Never had that issue before.
Also they messed with my linkage cable because now it doesn't want to go into any gear by the shifter, I have to do it by the column, I paid another guy to fix that and he did but now since they touched it its completely broke.
I can fix these myself just saying in general that's what came of it all.
But again its whatever I am still happy about the engine and getting it back and it drives.

Here's the videos I took for you all.
http://youtu.be/3TRI5E02F44
http://youtu.be/nyVdYzmIXi0

Thank you all for the support in the past and in the future.
But anything you all want to know that I didn't mention feel free to ask.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It looks and sounds good, David.
I hope your exhaust isn't going to hang down like that. I would suggest running the pipes all the way to the rear, or just past the rear wheels.
What transmission is in your car now? If it's a TH350, make sure the vacuum line to the modulator is connected. If it's a 200-4R, make sure the TV cable is adjusted properly.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Congrats David...I know your happy do be driving it again! Hope your future issues are minimal.

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
It's great to see and hear it running again, David. Bet that's a load off your mind.

Make sure you follow those recommendations from longroof79; he knows what he's talking about!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
jmt455 said:
It's great to see and hear it running again, David. Bet that's a load off your mind.

Make sure you follow those recommendations from longroof79; he knows what he's talking about!
Thanks Joe,
I'm not always correct, as I've found on several topics...but in this case I do think a full exhaust system (with proper hangers) all the way back is the way to go.

*David, I hope you're finally able to get some enjoyment out of your car after all the setbacks and aggravation you've endured.
Good luck!

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Longroof79 said:
It looks and sounds good, David.
I hope your exhaust isn't going to hang down like that. I would suggest running the pipes all the way to the rear, or just past the rear wheels.
What transmission is in your car now? If it's a TH350, make sure the vacuum line to the modulator is connected. If it's a 200-4R, make sure the TV cable is adjusted properly.

No way they will stay like that, I am going to just run them all the way back.
Just have to find someone who can do it for me.

But yeah its the TH350, I will try that.

Thanks.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
jmt455 said:

Thank you so much, oh yes so much.
I will, he really does, hes been one of those guys who actually has been following me and helping me at every step.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Longroof79 said:
jmt455 said:

Thanks Joe,
I'm not always correct, as I've found on several topics...but in this case I do think a full exhaust system (with proper hangers) all the way back is the way to go.

*David, I hope you're finally able to get some enjoyment out of your car after all the setbacks and aggravation you've endured.
Good luck!

You have no Idea, I have been having a blast in it again.
I get stares and people always coming up to me asking me about it, Makes me feel good again.
Thanks again seriously, for everything!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
David,
I'm glad that it's finally working out for you. I know you were on the verge of selling the car. Perhaps now you'll have a renewed interest and enthusiasm for it.
Keep it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor