The new engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
Don't just sell it to some guy for scrap. If you can't take it in yourself then your gonna get ripped off on that too. The car looks to have a solid body and decent interior. You should be able to fetch a grand out of it. You shouldn't have to wait long for it to sell either. Somebody might show up who knows cars and see whats wrong with it. They might just snatch it from ya instead of the 3 or 400 someone might give you for scrap value. Either way its yours do what ya want with it.

That's what I am waiting for is to get a person who will actually keep it around and not just scrap it.
I put a ad on CL and said 1100 gets it, it doesn't run and I don't know what's wrong with it.
I got a couple people asking about it, but none are following through.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
David Williamson said:
I am not trying to blame anyone who isn't at fault, I blame only the ones who deserve it. In my opinion they screwed me over then tried going back on their words.
I have never just laid blame on people cause I cannot accept my own, I accept everything that I do.
But this was not any of my fault nor was it in my control.
I gave them all my money, the money they quoted and told me I would have a great working car that would drive and get us to a and b.
All of a sudden it breaks and now their cussing me and my family out and telling us its all our fault, With me giving you all my money to "FIX" my car that's what I expect! a working and drivable car!
Not it breaking down and then you cussing me out blaming me for your faults and then not helping me out but taking my money and doing what they want after they know they screwed me.
So please get it right, I never blamed them for anything they didn't do.
They ripped me in my opinion and everyone Else's besides a couple guys on here (you included) so yes I am putting the blame on them.

Thank you.

with all due respect your story is inconsistent and I'd love to hear the other side of this story from the guys in the garage. I don't think it's fair to trash them like you are doing.

Also if you truly want to hear from them, call em. 502 807 1425.
They will tell you their side and I am sure you will believe them cause they will tell you what they want you to believe.
They never told me I needed gauges till after the fact, they never said it would run hot they said I should be good, that it was a perfect used engine and it should have any problems.
they never put fluids in but they will say they did, But I wouldn't lie about that.
They told me I had a 60 day warranty I even posted it on here before I took it to them, now I don't have one their not liable.
They told me I would have ABSOLUTELY no problems, they continued to say that to me when I was picking up the car.
Now they blame everything on me, if the engine was "perfect" why would it over heat and blow? That is literally my only problem and question, But I cant seem to get that answered?

Grandprixpaul

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2011
Commerce township , mi
Im on your side man if they said you would have a good running car you should ,i would contact local news stations about it , we have that here.in detroit and it seams to work no company want bad news out there on them ,and use that as leverage to get your car fixed . Keep us posted on what happens.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Unfortunately, there are a some crooked shops out there, and they like to prey on people in this situation. If I had picked up the car with the exhaust hanging down the way they left it, it would have been a red flag. But, sometimes, we are so eager to have a good running car to drive, we overlook stuff like that. I hate this happened to you David, you certainly didnt deserve it. I would call the local BBB, the local Chamber of Commerce, and talk to a lawyer who might be willing to help you. Consumers have do have rights, but are often left on their own to fight for justice. Be smart, keep your head, keep all documents, write down all events that happened before, during and after the car was worked on, and do as much of the leg work as you can yourself, and you should be able to sue them in small claims and win....I wish you luck...and keep your chin up! :D

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
After reading most of this thread, the bottom line is.....if a shop is willing to take a motor out of a junkyard and install it into a car, charge somebody 1100.00 and give a 60day warranty, the shop should check it out first or not install it at all. Why else would they install it unless they had no intention of backing up their warranty. If you have to add fluids to a motor that was installed 3 days earlier, its probably got a major leak in the rear main or the pan. I cannot understand shops that will give warranty on a junk yard motor....makes no sense. If they had told David that this motor was sold "AS IS" without warranty, I doubt he would have bought it, nor would anyone else. So they throw that in to get the fish on the hook...and then they abandon the warranty and throw blame on the owner.... Bunch of crooks....jmo

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
David Williamson said:
RITTER said:
So you're not even going to figure out what the problem with the car is :?: Just throwing it away :?:

No I have been taking some time off, but I am nowhere near done looking to see if I get it running or figure exactly waht the problem is.
That's why I uploaded the video, to see if any of you could possibly tell me what it might be.
Have you done any of the tests that were mentioned :?: We can't just tell you what is wrong with a car by a video (otherwise there wouldn't be any mechanics shops at all) These tests need to be performed to figure out what the problem is :!:

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Grandprixpaul said:
Im on your side man if they said you would have a good running car you should ,i would contact local news stations about it , we have that here.in detroit and it seams to work no company want bad news out there on them ,and use that as leverage to get your car fixed . Keep us posted on what happens.

Thanks a ton, seriously.
We didn't even think about that but we will do that thanks again.
I will keep posted.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
bill said:
Unfortunately, there are a some crooked shops out there, and they like to prey on people in this situation. If I had picked up the car with the exhaust hanging down the way they left it, it would have been a red flag. But, sometimes, we are so eager to have a good running car to drive, we overlook stuff like that. I hate this happened to you David, you certainly didnt deserve it. I would call the local BBB, the local Chamber of Commerce, and talk to a lawyer who might be willing to help you. Consumers have do have rights, but are often left on their own to fight for justice. Be smart, keep your head, keep all documents, write down all events that happened before, during and after the car was worked on, and do as much of the leg work as you can yourself, and you should be able to sue them in small claims and win....I wish you luck...and keep your chin up! :D

That's what I am doing I am trying everything to get them out of business.
I cannot express enough that I just want my car to be done and I just want to enjoy my car.
But every time I get crooks I see they had tons of business and I see old cars there all the time, they would be legit and actually fix the car.
I was wrong, They screwed me and took my money and had fun.
But were going to call trouble shooters (local news team) and get an interview got to the bbb and then to small claims court.
Thanks for the help.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
RITTER said:
David Williamson said:
RITTER said:
So you're not even going to figure out what the problem with the car is :?: Just throwing it away :?:

No I have been taking some time off, but I am nowhere near done looking to see if I get it running or figure exactly waht the problem is.
That's why I uploaded the video, to see if any of you could possibly tell me what it might be.
Have you done any of the tests that were mentioned :?: We can't just tell you what is wrong with a car by a video (otherwise there wouldn't be any mechanics shops at all) These tests need to be performed to figure out what the problem is :!:

I completely understand.
I was just wondering if I could get like a troubleshoot like you all say what it sounds/looks like and I could go in and figure everything out.
But I will try everything at this point to just get her running and sell or keep.
But as of now I do not want to keep this car any longer.
But I am going to figure out what it might be and then tell the buyer if I don't fix it myself what it is.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
So I took my car there a few days ago because they pleaded to take the car there so they could check it out.
They told me it was blown.

So now I call them to get the car back, because I need to test all what might be wrong with it.
Well he says this " I don't pull cars in storms" Well today is a perfect cloud free 50 degree day.
What storm is he possibly talking about, he then hangs up on my wife.
I call back and tell him there is no storm and you should be able to bring it back.
He then starts to get really violent and screaming and cussing me out.
I get fed up I say look I don't like tough guys, no need to constantly be arrogant and tough on the phone but when I come over there you go in the house.
He proceeds to tell me, I am tough come over here and I'll show you tough.
So I tell him I will meet you anywhere and we will handle this how he want's and we will see who's "tough" so he gets even more angry about that and tells me come to my shop and I will show you tough Motherf** and continues to cuss and yell.
So I tell him again all I want is for you to bring my car home so I can look at it myself and work on it.
He tells me " I don't have to bring your car back, I am doing this as a favor" What favor is he doing me? I gave him 1100.
When money is involved there are no favors, its a job.
He then stumps because I guess I proved him wrong and caught him in all his lies.
But the silence didn't last long cause he was back at it, I was cool about everything I didn't yell or anything.
So now I am back at square one, he wont bring my car back and hes becoming more and more angry.
I just cant do it anymore.
I know I will get crap for this as well, for letting him take the car.
But it was the day after I broke down and they said they will look at it.

So now I am at a loss again, I am just going to call the cops and ask them what I could do.
I will ask if theres anyway i could make them take my car home, That's all I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor