The new engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Take the loss and move on. Your gonna make this into a big deal that your not gonna wanna deal with the fall out of. You got screwed, It sounds like you are dealing with some hill billy guys. Sadly you just need to get your car, get rid of it cheap and move on. The frustration from all this is going to kill ya.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
Take the loss and move on. Your gonna make this into a big deal that your not gonna wanna deal with the fall out of. You got screwed, It sounds like you are dealing with some hill billy guys. Sadly you just need to get your car, get rid of it cheap and move on. The frustration from all this is going to kill ya.

Yeah I am already having the worst moods ever, I am angry and just ready to handle this.
But I am not risking Jail time for handling it the way he want's to.
I am just tired and ready to move on, so yeah that's what were trying to do but he wont give me my car back, he wont bring it to my house, he won't give me my old engine he wont do anything.
So I am just trying to figure out how to handle this the right way and get everything back from him without fighting.

Thanks.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Your Craigslist ad is a little misleading, calling the engine as "new".

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
FE3X CLONE said:
Your Craigslist ad is a little misleading, calling the engine as "new".

David Williamson said:
But I am not lying at all

:lol:

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
The ad:

I have a 1985 cutlass salon, just installed a new 350 all new hoses new radiator new fan new fan shroud all new belts everything is new under the hood just bought.
The Salon was a one model series and the rarest of the Cutlass' with only 17512 built.
Just did the complete oil change, 12/31/11
Just put a brand new 350 into it, No flaws in this car whatsoever other than the primer in 3 places.
**It isn't running I think it skipped time, not sure but it is a new engine.**
***Most likely wont need much to get her running again I am just done with it finally.***
Please come take this off my hands.
Brand new transmission pan gasket and filter and complete fill of fluid 12/31/11
Brand new steel fuel line
New oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets all newly replaced less than a week.
New edelbrock 1406 performer series carb.
New fan shroud.
New clutch fan.
New starter, has been shimmed.
New valve covers.
New edelbrock breather, chrome (noname) breather also.
New brakes and steel brake lines.
New master cylinder. also another new master cylinder (if wanted).
New dual exhaust with glass packs.
I am trying to sell or TRADE!, if your interested please call and we can talk.
I will trade for a little 4 door running car, doesn't have to be beautiful or immaculate just drivable.
I am wanting 1500 OBO please just throw me a offer, nothing low Please.
just need it gone.

For those of you keeping track, it says "new engine" 3 times. :roll:

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
David Williamson said:
Grandprixpaul said:
Im on your side man if they said you would have a good running car you should ,i would contact local news stations about it , we have that here.in detroit and it seams to work no company want bad news out there on them ,and use that as leverage to get your car fixed . Keep us posted on what happens.

Thanks a ton, seriously.
We didn't even think about that but we will do that thanks again.
I will keep posted.

I be watching for your story on Wave 3, David..lol

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
David Williamson said:
CHRIS.O said:

Yeah I am already having the worst moods ever, I am angry and just ready to handle this.
But I am not risking Jail time for handling it the way he want's to.
I am just tired and ready to move on, so yeah that's what were trying to do but he wont give me my car back, he wont bring it to my house, he won't give me my old engine he wont do anything.
So I am just trying to figure out how to handle this the right way and get everything back from him without fighting.

Thanks.
Aint the shop just a couple blocks down? Dude, just buy a darn $10 tow rope and have someone take it to your place that way.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Black Sheep said:
The ad:

I have a 1985 cutlass salon, just installed a new 350 all new hoses new radiator new fan new fan shroud all new belts everything is new under the hood just bought.
The Salon was a one model series and the rarest of the Cutlass' with only 17512 built.
Just did the complete oil change, 12/31/11
Just put a brand new 350 into it, No flaws in this car whatsoever other than the primer in 3 places.
**It isn't running I think it skipped time, not sure but it is a new engine.**
***Most likely wont need much to get her running again I am just done with it finally.***
Please come take this off my hands.
Brand new transmission pan gasket and filter and complete fill of fluid 12/31/11
Brand new steel fuel line
New oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets all newly replaced less than a week.
New edelbrock 1406 performer series carb.
New fan shroud.
New clutch fan.
New starter, has been shimmed.
New valve covers.
New edelbrock breather, chrome (noname) breather also.
New brakes and steel brake lines.
New master cylinder. also another new master cylinder (if wanted).
New dual exhaust with glass packs.
I am trying to sell or TRADE!, if your interested please call and we can talk.
I will trade for a little 4 door running car, doesn't have to be beautiful or immaculate just drivable.
I am wanting 1500 OBO please just throw me a offer, nothing low Please.
just need it gone.

For those of you keeping track, it says "new engine" 3 times. :roll:

Hahaha thank you captain Obvious, appreciated very much sir.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Evan's 85 said:
David Williamson said:
Grandprixpaul said:
Im on your side man if they said you would have a good running car you should ,i would contact local news stations about it , we have that here.in detroit and it seams to work no company want bad news out there on them ,and use that as leverage to get your car fixed . Keep us posted on what happens.

Thanks a ton, seriously.
We didn't even think about that but we will do that thanks again.
I will keep posted.

I be watching for your story on Wave 3, David..lol

Thanks I hope we get this going and it all works out so everyone can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor