The new engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
I'm confused...when you got the car back you said ..

David Williamson said:
Thanks you, Yes so happy we haven't stopped honestly we are going everywhere.
I hope they are too. Thanks again.

David Williamson said:
You have no Idea, I have been having a blast in it again.
I get stares and people always coming up to me asking me about it, Makes me feel good again.
Thanks again seriously, for everything!

How is there no oil or antifreeze when you driving the car everywhere nonstop? If it was leaking as bad as you say it would have been smoking or someone would have seen the puddles

That's what I was saying in a previous post, I didn't really care that I had to put oil and antifreeze into it, I was having a blast actually driving my car again.
I didn't think it was a huge problem it only cost me about 20 bucks so I didn't care.
But when it broke down after I filled it up, then they said it was my fault, even though they left it all dry and leaking.
I filled it up because it was whatever, but then they started saying it was all me then I had a problem with what I had to do when I got it back from them for 1100.
Then it became an issue, that they would say it was me but they did all this.
I understand its hard to follow, but I wouldn't lie and I am not trying to start anything with anybody because I want to.
I had no problem, then they started the blame game then I reacted by calling out their faults. I hope everyone understands.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
455rocket said:
pontiacgp said:
I'm confused...when you got the car back you said ..

David Williamson said:
Thanks you, Yes so happy we haven't stopped honestly we are going everywhere.
I hope they are too. Thanks again.

David Williamson said:
You have no Idea, I have been having a blast in it again.
I get stares and people always coming up to me asking me about it, Makes me feel good again.
Thanks again seriously, for everything!

How is there no oil or antifreeze when you driving the car everywhere nonstop? If it was leaking as bad as you say it would have been smoking or someone would have seen the puddles

Like I said, a lot of holes and inconsistant answers in this story.

I completely understand but what I said to pontiacgp: That's what I was saying in a previous post, I didn't really care that I had to put oil and antifreeze into it, I was having a blast actually driving my car again.
I didn't think it was a huge problem it only cost me about 20 bucks so I didn't care.
But when it broke down after I filled it up, then they said it was my fault, even though they left it all dry and leaking.
I filled it up because it was whatever, but then they started saying it was all me then I had a problem with what I had to do when I got it back from them for 1100.
Then it became an issue, that they would say it was me but they did all this.
I understand its hard to follow, but I wouldn't lie and I am not trying to start anything with anybody because I want to.
I had no problem, then they started the blame game then I reacted by calling out their faults. I hope everyone understands.

I hope you can understand.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Black Sheep said:
I'm with 455rocket,

first David says:
David Williamson said:
67rstbkt said:
I'm not understanding what you're getting for $1000. A rebuilt motor? Another used motor? More parts thrown at it?

Its a used motor with new parts, They say low miles runs great and nothing wrong with it at all.
But i never got to see/hear it, but I guess when I go to pick it up I will finally see it run and everything.

But then he says:
David Williamson said:
Yeah I would have mentioned it was a used motor if I even knew.
The way they were selling it to me and my wife it was new, no miles and a great running engine.

I think somebody needs a reality check.

You screwed up and are trying to blame someone else. You have your "wants" and "needs" screwed up. You "want" a g-body with a v-8, you "need" a reliable family car.

How do you and your wife get to work without a reliable car to drive?

See no that's the opposite of the truth, I don't want a v-8 I wanted a car that drove, I honestly didn't care what was put in there for my money, as long as the money I gave them would give me a good running car again.
Not a four day joy ride and then boom.
We actually looked at other cars, all were out of our range, So my wife said she would rather fix ours than buying a new one so we did.
About the job situations we don't have jobs we were both laid off, that was our tax money we used to get this engine in.
We are now just getting rides from my mom or her car when shes at work.

I am not trying to blame anyone who isn't at fault, I blame only the ones who deserve it. In my opinion they screwed me over then tried going back on their words.
I have never just laid blame on people cause I cannot accept my own, I accept everything that I do.
But this was not any of my fault nor was it in my control.
I gave them all my money, the money they quoted and told me I would have a great working car that would drive and get us to a and b.
All of a sudden it breaks and now their cussing me and my family out and telling us its all our fault, With me giving you all my money to "FIX" my car that's what I expect! a working and drivable car!
Not it breaking down and then you cussing me out blaming me for your faults and then not helping me out but taking my money and doing what they want after they know they screwed me.
So please get it right, I never blamed them for anything they didn't do.
They ripped me in my opinion and everyone Else's besides a couple guys on here (you included) so yes I am putting the blame on them.

Thank you.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
FE3X CLONE said:
There's a time to learn and then there's a time when you just need to get other things in order in your life before you try spending every dime (literally) on a car that is NOT and would have never been reliable enough to be work and family transportation.

I tried talking my wife into just getting something else, borrowing money and getting a new car.
She was trusting these guys and didn't want to put more money into another car, so we fixed ours up.
With the hope it would become a pretty decent family transportation.
I completely understand though.
But we tried and we failed again, we understand that and now were at square one again so were just going to sell this for scrap and then get another car.

Thanks.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
So you're not even going to figure out what the problem with the car is :?: Just throwing it away :?:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
David Williamson said:
I am not trying to blame anyone who isn't at fault, I blame only the ones who deserve it. In my opinion they screwed me over then tried going back on their words.
I have never just laid blame on people cause I cannot accept my own, I accept everything that I do.
I gave them all my money, the money they quoted and told me I would have a great working car that would drive and get us to a and b.
All of a sudden it breaks and now their cussing me and my family out and telling us its all our fault, With me giving you all my money to "FIX" my car that's what I expect! a working and drivable car!
Not it breaking down and then you cussing me out blaming me for your faults and then not helping me out but taking my money and doing what they want after they know they screwed me.
They ripped me in my opinion and everyone Else's besides a couple guys on here (you included) so yes I am putting the blame on them.

Thank you.

with all due respect your story is inconsistent and I'd love to hear the other side of this story from the guys in the garage. I don't think it's fair to trash them like you are doing.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
David Williamson said:
FE3X CLONE said:
There's a time to learn and then there's a time when you just need to get other things in order in your life before you try spending every dime (literally) on a car that is NOT and would have never been reliable enough to be work and family transportation.

I tried talking my wife into just getting something else, borrowing money and getting a new car.
She was trusting these guys and didn't want to put more money into another car, so we fixed ours up.
With the hope it would become a pretty decent family transportation.
I completely understand though.
But we tried and we failed again, we understand that and now were at square one again so were just going to sell this for scrap and then get another car.

Thanks.
help some ppl on the forum out and part it out b4 you go to scrapping it

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Don't just sell it to some guy for scrap. If you can't take it in yourself then your gonna get ripped off on that too. The car looks to have a solid body and decent interior. You should be able to fetch a grand out of it. You shouldn't have to wait long for it to sell either. Somebody might show up who knows cars and see whats wrong with it. They might just snatch it from ya instead of the 3 or 400 someone might give you for scrap value. Either way its yours do what ya want with it.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
RITTER said:
So you're not even going to figure out what the problem with the car is :?: Just throwing it away :?:

No I have been taking some time off, but I am nowhere near done looking to see if I get it running or figure exactly waht the problem is.
That's why I uploaded the video, to see if any of you could possibly tell me what it might be.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
David Williamson said:

Thank you.

with all due respect your story is inconsistent and I'd love to hear the other side of this story from the guys in the garage. I don't think it's fair to trash them like you are doing.

You have a right to believe what you want and I will not argue with that.
But I am not lying at all and I swear I wouldn't trash someone for no reason.
They even tried saying if I pay them 350 they will get me another engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor