The "Other" Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
View attachment 56223 View attachment 56224 View attachment 56225 View attachment 56226

Back when I bought the 81 it had a bench seat interior that was slightly customized by the previous owner. I bought a set of Monte buckets and had the seats and door panels redone. I used the same cloth that the previous owner used but I had the door panels done more like Monte SS panels. The solid cloth is from an 81 Pontiac and the inserts are 81 Olds. Its an odd color, Medium Jadestone, but its the original color. The Chevy cloth for 81 wasnt as nice as the other brands so I understand why the other guy used them.

If anyone ever wants to find original GM cloths or vinyl call SMS Auto Fabric. They have just about EVERYTHING Gm ever offered. I was amazed.

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
View attachment 56223 View attachment 56224 View attachment 56225 View attachment 56226

Back when I bought the 81 it had a bench seat interior that was slightly customized by the previous owner. I bought a set of Monte buckets and had the seats and door panels redone. I used the same cloth that the previous owner used but I had the door panels done more like Monte SS panels. The solid cloth is from an 81 Pontiac and the inserts are 81 Olds. Its an odd color, Medium Jadestone, but its the original color. The Chevy cloth for 81 wasnt as nice as the other brands so I understand why the other guy used them.

If anyone ever wants to find original GM cloths or vinyl call SMS Auto Fabric. They have just about EVERYTHING Gm ever offered. I was amazed.
Did this Malibu come from Clarksburg WV? If so im very familiar with the car. If you'd like to correspond, you can call
me at 304-366-5753, thanks, Bill WV

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
I've only seen a few pics of the '81 Malibu before. You obviously are a stickler for detail...very tastefully done. Now get to work finishing at least one that you can drive...:p:)
Very nice car, my friend.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Well, every once in a while I see a car on this forum that just really catches my eye. Absolutely love this!! Right down to the 81 specific cloth seat inserts and color, timeless and beautiful man!
What color is that paint?

Thank you for the kind words. The color is Medium Jadestone. The paint was already done when I bought the car.

Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Looks like a winner to me!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Thank you for the kind words. The color is Medium Jadestone. The paint was already done when I bought the car.

Ah, I thought that was reference to the upholstery color...or are they both medium jadestone? Whatever the case, obviously a couple colors I find soothing together.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ah, I thought that was reference to the upholstery color...or are they both medium jadestone? Whatever the case, obviously a couple colors I find soothing together.

Sorry, the body color is Dark Jadestone. The interior is Medium Jadestone with a Dark Jadestone dash and console. Since I bought the 81 Ive only seen two others that color.
Funny, after I had everything redone as far as the seats, door panels and carpet I thought I might have made a mistake leaving it all that color. I kept thinking it would look really fresh with a dark grey interior. I guess its a good thing that I left it that way ! LOL

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Thanks or clearing that up. Glad you left it, it's unique and it works!

• Agree

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Mitch, figured I'd find this thread after taking to you, definitely a nice ride!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor