The "Other" Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Gorgeous car. If I ever went Chevy G-body again it would be hard pressed not to consider a 'bu over a Monte SS. Some show with a punch of go. Gotta love it. Good luck with this project.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Gorgeous car. If I ever went Chevy G-body again it would be hard pressed not to consider a 'bu over a Monte SS. Some show with a punch of go. Gotta love it. Good luck with this project.

Thanks for the kind words. Neither one of my projects will ever be as detailed as some of the other cars on this forum but Im trying to get them as clean as I can. I'd love to own another Monte SS. Maybe one day. If I ever win Mega I'll be dangerous. !!! LOL

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
81.jpeg Mikester, nice Malibu keep up the good work you're almost there. Whats the dash out of?

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
So this was a air car ? Also I thought they put the wiper switch on the column in 81? I've never seen a Malibu with a rear antenna , neat.

Last edited:

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
So this was a air car ? Also I thought they put the wiper switch on the column in 81? I've never seen a Malibu with a rear antenna , neat.

The rear mount antenna wasnt my idea. The previous owner did that. Not my choice at all. If I could get it removed and put back where it belongs I'd be real happy. The paint was done in '89 . and its so nice I dont want to take the chance of a touch up not matching. Im trying to figure out what I can do about the antenna. I might have a fake bezel made out of aluminum or stainless.

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
Well, every once in a while I see a car on this forum that just really catches my eye. Absolutely love this!! Right down to the 81 specific cloth seat inserts and color, timeless and beautiful man!
What color is that paint?

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
Well, every once in a while I see a car on this forum that just really catches my eye. Absolutely love this!! Right down to the 81 specific cloth seat inserts and color, timeless and beautiful man!
What color is that paint?
Mid 80s Monte SS. The foam was shot when I got the seats so I knew I had to replace it so I bought new seat buns before I took the seats to the shop. They feel like new seats.
I remember the Malibu well. It was a Super Chevy winner in the early 90's.All NOS parts at the time it was painted. 406 small block. origional color. It still looks great. Bill WV

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I remember the Malibu well. It was a Super Chevy winner in the early 90's.All NOS parts at the time it was painted. 406 small block. origional color. It still looks great. Bill WV

Bill, I bought it from Tom in 2000. I dont know if you remember but we spoke on the phone a couple of years ago. Redid the TH350 when I got it home, had the brand new convertor come apart taking it on the test drive and its basically been apart ever since. I made a lot of changes since buying it. Hopefully I'll be driving it shortly. Lots of things in life always came first.
BTW, I have the issue of Super Chevy that lists it as a class winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor