The Purple Monkey Dishwasher TBSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Why not a junkyard cooler? Have you tried evilbay or its counterparts? The stock cooler is pretty substantial and from what I can tell, at least on our Envoy, the grill openings are cut in a way to target it directly. That, or don't drive it again until winter. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
If what your doing involves fighting with power steering hoses and getting saturated in oil, then yeah, I have a pretty good idea.

Nick

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
If what your doing involves fighting with power steering hoses and getting saturated in oil, then yeah, I have a pretty good idea.

Nick

Like this?

If so, then: "just ring the f*cking bell ya pansy".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
That dat Rooskie fighter from Rocky ???. Thought Terminator for a skinny minute but it didn't fit right.

As for the pending carnage and breakage, I think the equation runs along the lines of " XxXxCarnage x YxYBreakage = TotSuckage." That is the greater the mess and the more things that get bent, folded, spindled, and multilated, the greater the amount of total suckage becomes. Rust and "While you're in there, extras not included.

Nick

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The only way to describe this job:

First we have to blow apart the front of the truck. The hidden push pins are the best! My forearms are raw.

PXL_20220823_001712162.jpg

Then we remove the offending part... slicing our hands up in the process. The wet spot might suggest where the problem is localized.

PXL_20220823_001723675.jpg

Why would they make that out of mild steel?

And finally we make a quick bracket and hang the Hayden 676 transmission cooler we'd purchased for the Monte's power steering a year ago (guess we upgrading!). Run the lines, make a couple of adapters out of some leftovers, and take a stroll down Struggle Street connecting the oily lines together.

PXL_20220823_033229886.MP.jpg

Some protective sheathing, a few zip ties, and reassembly tomorrow. Good enough.

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
You're not having fun unless you've either shaved some skin off your body, cut yourself on some sharp edge that was hidden, or smashed a finger or two trying to get a hammer into a narrow opening!

Nick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor