The Purple Monkey Dishwasher TBSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You're not having fun unless you've either shaved some skin of your body, cut yourself on some sharp edge that was hidden, or smashed a finger or two trying to get a hammer into a narrow opening!

Nick

True, I need to:

Filled it will fluid. Overfilled it really, then it overflowed. After siphoning out the right amount it seems to be holding the fluid it should.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Phone rings. It's the wife. Says my truck tossed up the SES, Service Stabilitrac, is over heating & the power steering is gone. I get all stupid & accusative. She pops the hood & says "the skinny belt broke". The skinny belt broke days ago when the AC compressor froze up (yup). Sends me a picture... the skinny belt is the main drive belt shredded.

IMG_20220824_150812_004.jpg

Now I feel like an *ss. Grab the spare, some tools & the other kid to go & fix my marriage (& truck). Pull out the guts, check for seized pullies, get ready to pop in the new one & hear a weird sound from the water pump.

PXL_20220824_203450545.MP.jpg

Sheared right off.

PXL_20220824_203623441.jpg

Well... that's a new one. Not bad for the original 145k mile water pump.

Waiting for a tow. Eating some #DQ fat pills.

Might burn this truck when I get home.

#tbss #whyme #badthingscomeinthrees #whatsnext ?

Oh... wait this was number three. I just finished fixing the power steering cooler yesterday.

There's nothing glamorous about this hobby.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So blower = fatigue on the water pump pulley?

Strange.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
So blower = fatigue on the water pump pulley?

Strange.

Plus rust. I've heard of the pullies walking off the driveshaft, but never breakage like this.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Phone rings. It's the wife. Says my truck tossed up the SES, Service Stabilitrac, is over heating & the power steering is gone. I get all stupid & accusative. She pops the hood & says "the skinny belt broke". The skinny belt broke days ago when the AC compressor froze up (yup). Sends me a picture... the skinny belt is the main drive belt shredded.

View attachment 205486

Now I feel like an *ss. Grab the spare, some tools & the other kid to go & fix my marriage (& truck). Pull out the guts, check for seized pullies, get ready to pop in the new one & hear a weird sound from the water pump.

View attachment 205482

Sheared right off.

View attachment 205484

Well... that's a new one. Not bad for the original 145k mile water pump.

Waiting for a tow. Eating some #DQ fat pills.

Might burn this truck when I get home.

#tbss #whyme #badthingscomeinthrees #whatsnext ?

Oh... wait this was number three. I just finished fixing the power steering cooler yesterday.

There's nothing glamorous about this hobby.
It's mad about all that sitting it did. That + #greatwhitenorthcorrosion

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Plus rust. I've heard of the pullies walking off the driveshaft, but never breakage like this.
Had a low mile replacement on my brother's truck do the same thing. It was a Chineseum Delco. The replacement from O'Reilly probably has close to 70k miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor