theoldsone daily build

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Thanks guys for the input. I'm going to prepare my funds for a clean body. Preferably a 442 but without the 442 price lol. Its a downer but in the old she'll I'm looking at $1500+ in parts alone not including the price of labor to replace all the rotten for good. The build plan still stands. Going to tub, paint, and hopefully drive.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Tear down...
20160618_235454.jpg
20160618_235459.jpg
All the chrome trim and interior are staying. Windows, Header panel, R fender, R Door, Bumpers, Misc. The rest will be scrapped so more people can drive Kia's

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I've been looking around for a Cutty. And all have the same issues (not surprising) in one way or another. I'm legit looking for a RUST FREE BODY. I'm not going to trash mine just to buy another rust bucket. I'm really considering buying from Arizona, California, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, etc. Road Trip! But I'm not sure yet. It has to be running/driving and no Vinyl roof. Be some time before I find the right choice.

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Yeah, take your time and find the right donor. A nice straight rust free body with a clean title will be worth the wait.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Keep looking, deals are there. Still kicking myself on the rust free, mint interior, nearly all original 87 442 that went for $4500.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Keep looking, deals are there. Still kicking myself on the rust free, mint interior, nearly all original 87 442 that went for $4500.

Chirstian....was that the one that was in Humboldt and then Saskatoon? I very seriously considered that one myself...as is the case most of the time.....the timing just wasn't right for me.

ECXjCz.jpg

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Want to sell your hood?

Yea it's for sale. I'm most likely going to paint the next car. And I want a straight clean hood. Nothing really wrong with it but not what I want. looking for a 4" or the new 2" cowl hood that Toby made. It's just the weight that stops me from buying that 2" steel hood. So either that or a 4" Harwood.

I'm going to play my cards right. But With time these cars are only getting more desirable and rare. The good condition ones I mean. I'm seeing lots of HO 442s go for 8k-21k. Not my budget haha. But trust me I don't have an issue tubbing and swaping a mint HO 442. Purists cringe everywhere lol.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Chirstian....was that the one that was in Humboldt and then Saskatoon? I very seriously considered that one myself...as is the case most of the time.....the timing just wasn't right for me.

ECXjCz.jpg
Wow what a steal. I Wonder what it looks like underneath. Hope the owner enjoys it as much as I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor