This guy must be out of his freakin' mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Two Turbo Monte Carlos for sale in Connecticut.
Absolute rust buckets, with destroyed interiors, and the only upside I can see is that one of them has a recently rebuilt engine - but I've seen some "recently rebuilt" engines that didn't impress me very much. I would probably give him 800 a piece with the condition they're in, but that's me.

But he's asking 4,000 for the pair. Why the heck would anybody want two of something I could hardly justify buying one of? Even if they're all numbers matching and everything, just because it's rare doesn't mean it's desirable, or that it's rarity can overcome the fact that it's condition is somewhere south of being a rough turd.

Who knows, maybe somebody here is looking for a money pit.

(Don't mind me, I'm being arbitrarily mean spirited right now because I need to vent.)

So, how's everybody doing on this beautiful Saturday? Hahaha

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5984641363.html

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I want whatever John is smokin'....pass the pipe.:confused:

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I got another for ya! Saw this 78 elco at harbor freight the other day....he bought it with the chameleon paint scheme, then put a 454 out of a 78 3/4 ton in it. Bone stock motor....sounded good, but had a very cluttered engine bay. Interior was clean, power buckets, no body damage, frame was solid as its been garage kept.

Dude has asking $9K!!!!! Nice car and all, but i personally didn't think it was $9k nice, maybe $5K tops!

What do yall think?
20170218_134131.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Two Turbo Monte Carlos for sale in Connecticut.
Absolute rust buckets, with destroyed interiors, and the only upside I can see is that one of them has a recently rebuilt engine - but I've seen some "recently rebuilt" engines that didn't impress me very much. I would probably give him 800 a piece with the condition they're in, but that's me.

But he's asking 4,000 for the pair. Why the heck would anybody want two of something I could hardly justify buying one of? Even if they're all numbers matching and everything, just because it's rare doesn't mean it's desirable, or that it's rarity can overcome the fact that it's condition is somewhere south of being a rough turd.

Who knows, maybe somebody here is looking for a money pit.

(Don't mind me, I'm being arbitrarily mean spirited right now because I need to vent.)

So, how's everybody doing on this beautiful Saturday? Hahaha

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5984641363.html

Didn't you read the ad? Those turbo Monte Carlos were the forerunner of the Grand National. If that doesn't make them worth $4000, I don't know what would! :p

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There is always somebody that thinks they are sitting on gold.
My favorite adds are when the first picture is of a show quality car (not theirs ) followed by the real pictures of the rusty heap that with another $20,000 could look like the first picture.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Yeah, it would probably cost about 10,000 just to get either one of those heaps to look even remotely presentable. Body panels, possibly floors, paint, reupholstering, new interior, new dash pad, engine work, tires, body and chassis bushings, fluids all around, transmission work possibly, hours and hours of labor (however you value your own time if you do it yourself is how you would calculate that). They would be great for a project car or a restoration, but only if they were like... a lot less than what he's asking.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
To me the montes didn't look that bad... but 4,000 is still to much. A grand each is more like it. If he delivers them.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
While I agree the Montes are WAY overpriced, and a mess to boot, it's not 1990 anymore.

El Caminos are a a strong seller in this region, 9K is about average ask price for a nice one as pictured, add big wheels and it's even higher

lilbowtie, i can't believe you have trouble selling this stuff, especially at the prices you have posted, is the market that soft up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor