This Has Bad Idea Written All Over It

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Another bad idea was me scrolling down farther and seeing this V8 Firenza and thinking pro touring car ( I guess because all of the wheels look so small) with an even bigger V8.:blam:
1545449169766.png

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
joe, that 442 is in your neck of the woods, and seems you're not afraid of rust repair!:unsure:

565 and mrsony, I've had experience with a few of those H-body cars, love'em! years ago when I was stationed in germany, one of the guys in the next shop over from ours, brought his built 400 equipped monza spyder with him... said he'd kept up with some of the porsches and mercedes out on the autobahn without any problems.... did tend to go through lower baslljoints at an alarming rate though....

me? I tended to gravitate towards this one. oddball? definitely! but think about Driven's little datsun wagon with the quad 4..... this one I'm thinking more along the lines of an sc squeakotec from a cobalt ss...
https://barnfinds.com/rare-original-colt-1975-dodge-colt/

Last edited:

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Always wanted one in white/gold
Now I want it

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
joe, that 442 is in your neck of the woods, and seems you're not afraid of rust repair!:unsure:

565 and mrsony, I've had experience with a few of those H-body cars, love'em! years ago when I was stationed in germany, one of the guys in the next shop over from ours, brought his built 400 equipped monza spyder with him... said he'd kept up with some of the porsches and mercedes out on the autobahn without any problems.... did tend to go through lower baslljoints at an alarming rate though....

me? I tended to gravitate towards this one. oddball? definitely! but think about Driven's little datsun wagon with the quad 4..... this one I'm thinking more along the lines of an sc squeakotec from a cobalt ss...
https://barnfinds.com/rare-original-colt-1975-dodge-colt/
That one gets a built 4G63T or a vintage 2.2 Turbo (using a Dakota to make it RWD) with some vintage mopar speed equipment. My last boss had a Shelby Daytona that put a documented >250 to the ground with over the counter parts. Pretty zippy for late '80s technology.
I now work with the guy who built this car. He's narrating the video.

Nov 4, 2012

Darin, it's about a 5 hour drive, nothing too bad, I drove farther to get the engine for my Regal. I'm not afraid of rust repair but I'm certainly not looking to do any more. Still I've always loved the 78-80 H/Os and the fact that this one is so complete just makes me want to buy it.

We'll see what the bid is at when in a couple days.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
One at a time.

The rust on that thing scares me to death but it is pretty complete. The comments are humorous.

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
You know they did come with the 196 V6, the 231 will be a direct fit, 231 turbos will fit, they are light cars, turbos make light cars fast, fast light cars are fun, twin turbo intercooled Buick V6 using fuel injection would be the funnest...subliminal messages are done for now.:ninja:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor