This is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You'e right. I have a crew cab silverado with the 5 3/4' bed currently which is what I was referring to in the first part of my comment. The 2nd was just poking fun at people that think short beds are useless. Either way no issues hauling stuff for me.

I figured you knew the difference, just seems like I see a lot of ads these days for so-called crew cabs that are actually extended cabs or "quad cabs"

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Not reading the thread, sorry to OP, no offense meant.
Trucks are now dumb, just a car to the common person and to paint them in old style is mo' dumber. I miss the days when someone owned a truck and used it as a truck, back when those paint schemes were to dress up a utilitarian vehicle.
Anyone here remember when you could reach over the side of the bed and grab something out of the bed? When you didn't need a dumbass step built in to the tailgate just to get into the bed?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I went with the short bed on my last 2 trucks with extend cab for maneuverability when plowing
IMG_20130507_132317.jpg
totaled that one 05 8.1 Allison bought it new ordered it the way I wanted (never again) then I got this one used Duramax allison sold it to start a business
IMG_20150924_182830.jpg
The dump kit was in bolth of them
I wanted a retro look and I'm not a poser so I drive this now
IMG_20180121_172211.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Try driving a crew cab long bed in a big city! Short beds are easyer to park, and get around. Took me a long time to warm up to them. Now the tiny box on a Dodge Mega Cab is pointless.

I live in metro atlanta.

I've driven a former air force 1987 chevy crew cab long bed through downtown traffic, in and out of rush hour, in what's consistently rated as some of the worst traffic in the nation.

That count?

Still can't see any purpose in a crew cab with a 5 foot bed. Might as well but a minivan (which I also hate) :D

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I live in metro atlanta.

~~~, in what's consistently rated as some of the worst traffic in the nation.~~~

Been to Atlanta once....you ain't kidding!

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Didn't read all the posts but I was told it's a vinyl wrap
Would be cool if it had the stainless trim on it with real paint or the wrap
I like it what they did looks cool

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I dig the retro design. I don’t dig the big 3 marketing pickup trucks purely to upper class suburbanites by loading BASE model trucks with full leather interiors, heated seats, and those infotainment systems. These days it seems You can’t even pick up a base truck for less than 50k, especially if you want the V8 to haul heavier loads

Don’t even get me started on color options, Literally as I wrote this every single car that passed me was either white, silver, or gray. Not a single exciting color

*Nothing against upper class suburbanites (or leather interiors)

I like some leather... not much they use these days.

The early king ranch edition trucks had some GOOD tough leather interiors. My in laws have one of the second year made, that stuff is almost saddle leather thickness and toughness. Almost 400,000 miles and while it discolored from moisture and skin oils, it's got ZERO wear.

You aren't getting that out of any cloth, vinyl... or for that matter that thin crap leather made to be ultra soft.

I'd like to see more of that in trucks these days, not the kidskin luxury car version

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
GM Legends.JPG
Hey cool! I own/have owned about 12 Chevy trucks!
IMG_1384a.jpg
Well, so much for that idea...
Legends.JPG

Ironically, making payments on a new Avalanche gets you in...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I WAS disappointed in that you can't get a leather interior in ANY regular cab by ANY of the "big 3".... that seems to be a glaring omission costing them sales dollars.
That's probably a cost cutting move. They now hav
View attachment 85048 Hey cool! I own/have owned about 12 Chevy trucks!
View attachment 85050 Well, so much for that idea...
View attachment 85052
Ironically, making payments on a new Avalanche gets you in...
So, my 02 2500HD isn't eligible with 256,000 miles because I bought it used, and have never bought a new one. Go figure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor