Thought my car fax was hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
Well hopefully the rest of the viewers understand we all have that one pal who lives totally illegally and never gets nailed! But we're the ones who get busted for a tail light. Kinda sad seen many clean running/daily driver cars put to death over a stupid PA title. Shame they couldn't be retitled by the state and given to the needy.
There's no way to re-title a car in PA? I always wondered how to do that and what the process is.

Lazarus

Greasemonkey
Dec 18, 2015
Monongahela Pa
There's no way to re-title a car in PA? I always wondered how to do that and what the process is.

Ok hypothetical. Found a brand new 61 Corvette. Drops from sky. First got to file a abandoned vehicle report. After a certain timeframe 60 days I think. You can find the original titles owner and have him file a lost title form. If he is dead you must find next of kin. Notarized affidavit of next of kin. Then they can file for missing title. If you can't locate next of kin. You must run the vehicle in the paper for a determined period of time. Then it's up to the state after that. Provided you have proof of ownership of where it was parked on the original abandoned vehicle report. Lmfao good luck if you try

Lazarus

Greasemonkey
Dec 18, 2015
Monongahela Pa
Ok hypothetical. Found a brand new 61 Corvette. Drops from sky. First got to file a abandoned vehicle report. After a certain timeframe 60 days I think. You can find the original titles owner and have him file a lost title form. If he is dead you must find next of kin. Notarized affidavit of next of kin. Then they can file for missing title. If you can't locate next of kin. You must run the vehicle in the paper for a determined period of time. Then it's up to the state after that. Provided you have proof of ownership of where it was parked on the original abandoned vehicle report. Lmfao good luck if you try

Also has to do with declared value - storage fees. Buddy owns a junk yard he gets a fresh title after 180 days of storage. But he is a business not a private party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor