Thoughts/Preference on SBC Aluminum Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
I'm building a street 350 motor for my 87 El Camino. Currently, I am in the market for a set of heads for my motor. I read on another site that Summit Racing heads are built by Trick Flow, specifically SUM-162109. Any confirmation on this?

Motor consists of forged, balanced crankshaft, rods, and flat top pistons with 2 eyebrows; Comp Thumpr Cam 12-601 with matched springs, push rods, hydraulic lifters, and self-aligning 1.52 ratio roller tip rockers. As an old school guy, I plan to run a dual quad setup consisting of '57-62 Corvette WCFBs on a stock intake manifold.

Thanks in advance.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
The 180 Brodix IK will keep you smiling they work well on my uncles 327 Powered Corvette four-speed 308 gears if you’re just looking for an aluminum head look go with the Chinese stuff

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Trick flow has them double humps now pretty cool idea , summit also has there own version ,just food for thought to keep it kinda original ish lol

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Trick flow has them double humps now pretty cool idea , summit also has there own version ,just food for thought to keep it kinda original ish lol
That’s right trick flow did come out with the knock off double hump anybody see flown numbers on these things yet

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 users

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Yeah at what mercury drop and what size bore did they flow it on AFR tells you what size bore they are using small blocks are 4.100 flowed
Not to sure on that it was on a article , probably just the advertisement flow , definitely alot more plays into things. Look at the price tag between tickflow and AFR tho lol

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Not to sure on that it was on a article , probably just the advertisement flow , definitely alot more plays into things. Look at the price tag between tickflow and AFR tho lol
Brodix makes a nice head for the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor