Throttle Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I wouldn't run 350 heads on a 305, it just won't run good unless it's the right cc or something but it wouldn't be worth it

Yea it runs better with the intake. I also put a inch carb spacer... u can feel the torque down low. I just need it to flow a little better. ANd i know 350 heads flow better then stock 305 heads, but your right the compression would be super low

Ok cool cause I'm thinking about geting that intake and was wondering what it was like, and them heads you have aren't to bad for low end torque but there not the best. I don't know what kind of heads would be the best, I'm sure someone one here can tell you. Do you have headers?

87montecarlomrc said:
Ok cool cause I'm thinking about geting that intake and was wondering what it was like, and them heads you have aren't to bad for low end torque but there not the best. I don't know what kind of heads would be the best, I'm sure someone one here can tell you. Do you have headers?

yea long tube going on soon

That will help alot to, and get some good dual exhaust if you can.

depends on the heads dude. you'll lose more power than its worth even if they are vortecs or double humps, its worth your TIME AND MONEY to stick to the heads that are on it. 305 heads are actually really good they just need a bigger intake valve and if you into it MILD porting and you could have a screamer 305 or 350-375 hp 350. Thats if you do it right. I'm assuming you have the 993/882/etc 350 heads. They at about 133 cfms compared to the 158 cfms of your 305 heads and vortecs flow at about 170. So its your choice but unless you like 100 hp at the wheels don't do it.

don't forget, there are vortec 5.0L heads. IDK what else you need for them, but i believe it's just the proper ntake.

yea I thought about saying those but he already bought his intake. Besides its not worth it anyways when you could be doing that stuff to a 350

SScamino said:
yea I thought about saying those but he already bought his intake. Besides its not worth it anyways when you could be doing that stuf to a 350

yeah i rather do it to a 350.. im looking into an LT1 swap. planning on for the winter.

The only bad thing about the lt1 swap is the motor parts are expensive and can add up fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor